Candidate must possess expertise (in one or more variants of UNIX & Linux) in administration, architecture, monitoring, capacity planning, and business continuity. Candidate must be able to work with a team of engineers who are responsible for the daily support of all the UNIX/Linux systems. Candidate will also work with our application development and infrastructure teams, to support various CBS business units. |
• Design, Build and support UNIX & Linux infrastructure.
• Help establish, publish and monitor standards for configuring servers on different UNIX/Linux platforms.
• Design, write or re-engineer UNIX/Linux scripts to enhance the functionality of systems.
• Implement monitoring tools, and use the tools to monitor systems.
• Automate system processes.
• Identify, evaluate and recommend the purchase of software, hardware and/or services that can be used to improve the performance of the group.
• Supervise Hardware installs and Perform O/S upgrades.
• Participate in Disaster Recovery Efforts and other projects that may require minimal travel.
• Work closely with other departments in the definition, implementation and deployment of new initiatives.
• Be available for On-Call and off-hours support
• Minimum of five (5) years of experience in designing and supporting UNIX/Linux Platforms.
• Previous experience with Database architecture, i.e. Oracle/Sybase
• Experience and knowledge in UNIX/Linux system administration – SLES, RHEL, AIX and/or HPUX
• Familiarity with one or more of the following server architectures: PA-RISC, SPARC, Power5, Itanium or X86
• Experience with Solaris Flash Archives, HP Ignite-UX or AIX NIM or Bare Metal Recovery for Linux.
• Previous experience & knowledge of scripting, such as shell and PERL
• Experience with Virtualization Technologies including one or more of the following: XEN, OVM, VMware ESX, HP vPars/VM, IBM LPARS, or Sun Containers.
• Excellent time management skills for handling multiple projects.
• Excellent organizational and follow-up skills
• Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience.
• SCSA Certification a plus
• RHCT Certification is a plus
Minimum Education Level
Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent Experience
- 3 years ago - save job
The forensic evidence shows this company is tops in the TV ratings. CBS Broadcasting owns and operates the CBS Television Network, the #1...