The Technical Escalation Consultant is responsible for being the face of support to the customer and field-facing NetApp/Partner teams. This individual contributor position requires a strong leader able to execute on customer relationship management, support planning within the region, tactical escalation execution, reactive escalations management, technical knowledge and cross-functional coordination. A major component of the role will be the facilitation and review of technical data and incident management for support cases at an escalated level. The TCE will educate customers on NetApp support services and will ensure that new Premium customers understand the Tech Support model, best practices and technical remediation. This position will work closely with the sales leadership and will actively participate in Quarterly Business Reviews with Sales.
This role is critical to the success of NetApp’s global support strategy, and will ensure that our enterprise customers understand the importance of supportability and support contract value. Serving as the Face of Support, a successful individual will manage the relationship between the customer and NetApp Support in escalated scenarios. Responsibilities include:
Partners to execute on the support mission of handling SAM and field escalations.
- Provide education and awareness about NetApp technology to customers and sales team.
- Collaborate with field organizations including Sales, Professional Services and NetApp
Field Support personnel, and Engineering or NetApp partners as needed to resolve escalations.
- Develop and implement feedback mechanisms for use in preventing future support process break downs.
- Ensure regional customers receive attention and resources from the Technical Support Center,
This individual should have experience with:
- Coordinate communications, meetings, and or conference calls between customers and NetApp Technical Support.
- Take the lead in the development and presentation of post-event Service Incident Reports as required. In addition to pre-scheduled health checks for external customers
- Participate in on-site customer meetings.
- Act as a customer advocate for improving and developing NetApp GS processes and systems used in delivering support.
- Recommend and partner with TS resources to improve NetApp Technical Support processes and drive corrective action related to any gaps/failures.
- Be available for after- hours for emergency calls from Account teams, Customers, and NetApp support personnel as needed.
- Participate in special projects as necessary with Tech Support and other cross-functional teams. Develop and use collaborative relationships to solve problems.
- Act as mentor and technical leader to new employees joining the Support Account Managers, Field Support organization and Technical Support personnel working with the Field Escalation Specialist. Train new Technical Escalation Specialists as well as joining the team.
- Provide a weekly update of “Hot” Issues and critical customer accounts for Tech Support and/or GS Leadership.
- Participate in meetings and quarterly business reviews with Sales.
- Set high standards of performance and customer service for self and others on the team. Foster innovative solutions in work situations and ensure that the customer perspective is the driving force behind business decisions and activities. Job Requirements Requirements:
- Experience in driving positive change and consistency in a SAM and field support environment.
- Experience in the storage industry is desirable, with extensive experience in field or technical support.
- Excellent business, organizational, project, cost, and communications skills.
- Exceptional written and verbal communications skills.
- Experience with regional and local service delivery methodology, experience with third party suppliers, and ability to acquire willing support from cross-functional teams within NGS and NetApp.
- Requires regular regional travel, flexible hours, and ability to handle high stress customer situations.
This individual should have a basic knowledge of:
- Support account management experience preferably with Enterprise customers.
- Risk assessment and mitigation planning.
- Customer support and working with customers in high stress situations on complex problems.
- Process and methodology to solve broad issues that are complex in scope.
- Escalation Management and associated escalation support processes.
- Set-up and facilitation of face-to-face or conference call meetings that include customers, account teams, and technical personnel.
Knowledge of commercial databases such as Oracle, SAP, and Microsoft SQL Server are desired.
- NAS and/or SAN storage and surrounding infrastructure.
- Network architectures including the roles of routers, switches and protocols.
- Microsoft Enterprise operating systems and applications.
- NetApp applications software.
- RAID and storage systems.
- UNIX/LINUX/AIX/HP-UX configuration and administration.
- Data ONTAP operating system and NetApp clustering.
- Virtualization technologies.
Responsibility and Interaction:
o General direction is provided on routine work, and detailed direction is provided on new projects and assignments; as well as on-going review of activities and priorities. Apply attained experiences and knowledge in solving routine to moderately complex problems.
o Perform analytical operations in converting data to information to recommend and support ongoing business decisions & processes. Successful in demonstrating favorable results through leadership and influencing decision process.
o The focus of this role is on influencing customer satisfaction and business outcomes. The potential impact of decisions made by this individual has significant operational or financial impact.
o This position interacts with Technical Support, Field Support, Engineering, Sales and NetApp Partners in the management of escalations for customers in a geographic area.
o This individual must work effectively with staff to Sales and Support leadership level employees and employees within and outside of their function and organization.
o Serves as consultant to and advocate for enterprise customers.
o This individual must demonstrate favorable results through providing leadership during escalated situations.
o Proactive contributor, subject matter expert and influences decisions of a team project or initiative. Facilitates internal process problem resolution. Education and Experience Education & Experience:
- A minimum of 6 years of experience as an individual contributor and a minimum of 3 years as a project manager, tech support or escalations engineer, Support Account Manager, or Technical Account Manager is required.
- A Bachelor of Science in Engineering or Computer Science, or equivalent related experience is required.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple, critical projects is required. Posting Category Customer Support Engineering Full time / Part time Full-time Posting Location USA - North Carolina - Research Triangle Park Requisition Number 22946BR
NetApp - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard
Careers at NetApp
At NetApp, your expertise is what drives our growing success
NetApp is the ideal place to give your career a boost....