The Walt Disney Company is a world-class entertainment and technological leader. Walt’s passion was to continuously envision new ways to move audiences around the world—a passion that remains our touchstone in an enterprise that stretches from theme parks, resorts and a cruise line to sports, news, movies and a variety of other businesses. Uniting each endeavor is a commitment to creating and delivering unforgettable experiences — and we’re constantly looking for new ways to enhance these exciting experiences. Bring your individual talents here and discover for yourself why a career with Disney is the opportunity you’ve been looking for.
“It takes people to make the dream a reality.” Walt was on to something when he said that, and it continues to ring true today. No matter the stage in your career, being a part of Walt Disney Parks & Resorts means being a part of a team where you help bring innovation to life through unsurpassed products, services and most importantly remarkable experiences. As a Cast Member you are the steward and connection to our legacy and the backbone of our thriving innovations. Join our team and watch your dreams come true.
This position is responsible for producing various levels of construction project estimates in support of facility project planning. This person will participate in project development, database comparision with actual costs, and review of contractor schedule of values. Individual will drive the change management effort with the project team including analysis of contractor detailed costs and finalizing negotiations for settlement.
- Generate rough order of magnitude, conceptual, design development, and bid and construct estimates of probable cost for facility modifications, renovations, and new construction.
- Participate in design reviews and provide budget estimates as needed.
- Evaluate contractor proposals for changes in project work in accordance with contract requirements and fair market values.
- Lead negotiations with professional consultants and contractors to settle costs for changes in work.
- Stay current with market conditions, perform statistical research and analysis, and produce departmental reports as warranted.
- Support various project teams with scope development, bid requirements, schedule of values, and contractual language.
- Proven knowledge and experience in quantity surveying and cost estimating for general construction including some experience in mechanical, electrical and plumbing.
- Proven knoweldge of contracting processes, negotiating, and legalities.
- Proven knowledge of facility design and construction methods, construction activity sequencing, schedule logic, and project planning skills.
- Proven verbal and written communication skills, effective in relationship building.
- Demonstrated computer skills and ability to structure, organize, and effectively utilize items within a database.
- Experience using construction estimating software
Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Demonstrated knowledge of US Cost Success Enterprise software.
- Knowledge of current EPCOT building codes.
- General Contractor estimator experience.
- Bachelor’s degree from a 4-year college or university in Architecture, Engineering or Construction Management and at least five years of experience in estimating or project controls. Education requirement can be mitigated with additional years of applicable experience.
©Disney is an equal opportunity employer. Drawing Creativity from Diversity.
Disney - 13 months ago
copy to clipboard