At its core, Basho is an open source software company that deeply values community. Technical Evangelists are at the front lines of Riak adoption and Basho expansion.
To succeed in this role, you'll be passionate about open source, building communities, evangelizing proven technology, and dictating trends in software adoption. The ideal candidate for this role is an outspoken software developer who loves trying new languages and has a demonstrated interest in sharing, teaching, and building a business with open source technology.
If you're excited by open source technology and want to be part of the next great technological change in the way we store and manage data, we want to talk to you. This position will be rewarding, and you’ll play a pivotal role in the growth, success, and longevity of the best open source, distributed systems software available today. We value hustle, passion, and honesty, and expect tireless dedication to making Riak and Basho’s future products the most widely-deployed distributed systems components in the world.
- Frequent travel within the United States and Europe to attend conferences and meet-ups
- Cultivating relationships with developers, executives, and Riak users
- Planning and executing events of all sizes and types
- Qualifying prospective engineers, projects, and companies as potential customers
- Writing everything from blog posts to technical documentation
- Supporting Basho’s community in various venues (IRC, Mailing list, etc.)
- Cataloging and publicizing details about Riak users and use cases
- Experience working in/around open source software (either via contributing directly to code, as a user, or in an organizational capacity)
- Leadership experience in past roles. Ex: Taking charge of large projects, creating new processes and producing significant results
- Proficiency in at least one programming language
- Knowledge of databases and application development
- Excellent writing skills
- Proficient in social media
- Ability to travel
- Start-up experience
- Has hosted technical meetups
- Conference speaking experience