Posting Job Title: Technical Facilitator
Requisition #: 144188BR
Posting Location: Middletown, NY, US
Area of Interest: Human Resources
Position Type: Full Time
Posting Job Description
The Technical Facilitator will be responsible for administering, organizing and delivering training programs for all aspects of Time Warner Cable's Technical operations as they relate to products, installation, system maintenance, work procedures, policies, safety practices and work tools.
Management reserves the right to add, change or revise this job description at any time.
Essential Job Functions:
- Under general supervision, provides orientation and training for new employees in Technical Operations.
- Under general supervision, delivers product launch, up-skill and refresher training to existing employees.
- Prepares lesson plans relevant to training materials.
- Under general supervision, coaches to performance, attendance and behavioral challenges in the classroom in coordination with HRBP, Lead Facilitator and manager as required.
- Recommends changes to existing training programs by providing feedback to the Technical Learning Delivery Manager or Lead Facilitator.
- Maintains records of training attendance, progress reports for trainees and monitors training results.
- Provide clear and concise communication to various levels of the organization regarding training delivery.
- Acts as a change agent to drive change through the organization in a manner that encourages acceptance and promotes company strategies.
- Partners with technical operations leadership and training leaders to ensure training delivery meets the needs of the department and that training is delivered when necessary.
- Coordinates training activities with the Technical Learning Delivery Manger or the Lead Facilitator and effectively communicates information and issues for all training activities, classroom challenges, training requests, etc.
- Possesses and applies a broad knowledge of field operations system maintenance and installation, customer service and safety practices and procedures.
- Knowledge of specific technical tools and subject areas that make high-level employee performance possible.
- Knows and applies fundamental concepts, practices and procedures of adult learning.
- Remains up to date on new philosophies, technologies, methods and techniques in the learning and development field.
- Remains up to date on technology advancements in the industry and customer premise equipment.
- Takes responsibility for initiating goals for self-development.
- Work evenings/weekends as needed.
Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university.
Required Education (Major) :
Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year College or university ; or equivalent training, education and experience.
- 2+ years of experience in del ivery of training materials.
- Knowledge and application of adult learning techniques.
- Proficient in the use of personal computers and various software applications including Microsoft Excel, Power Point, Word, Microsoft Explorer/Internet and Org+
- Ability to configure, analyze and troubleshoot computer hardware and software including the following operating systems: Windows 95 (best effort), Windows 98, Windows ME, Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows 7 and Macintosh Operating systems.
- Technical background required.
- Excellent organizational skills a must.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Must be a dependable and self-motivated individual who can work within a fast-paced environment and make decisions quickly and effectively.
Travel requirements and frequency:
- Knowledge of hybrid fiber coaxial system
- Cable or telecommunications industry knowledge.
- Experience with database software/ICOMS or CSG billing system knowledge.
- A+/Net+ certification
- SCTE certification
Some assignments require travel up to 25 percent of the time.
Legal or Financial Responsibilities:
Requires adherence to Time Warner Standards of Business Conduct. Position must assist in maintaining the confidentiality of customer and business data at all times.
Communication Skill level:
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Intermediate Skills: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Supervisory / Managerial Responsibilities:
Lead : Assigns, trains, schedules or oversees work of others.
FCC Unit_TWC: 0756
- Must possess a valid driver's license
- Must be able to meet and maintain safe load limits for provided equipment, in accordance with TWC Weight Restriction Policy
- Must be able to properly lift, carry and handle a ladder with a weight up to 75 pounds
Controlling Establishment ID: 00741 - Middletown 15 Industrial