Conservation Services Group (CSG) is the leading provider of residential energy efficiency programs in North America. CSG has helped Americans make smart energy use decisions an important part of the way they live and work since 1984. The company designs, develops, and delivers innovative, results-driven programs. CSG employees are committed to a mission of delivering these comprehensive programs to help people use energy more wisely. Energy efficiency and renewable energy are our sole business, not one of a hundred departments in a large corporation. CSG provides proven expertise to utilities, state agencies, trade allies and homeowners, tenants, and property owners seeking to improve home durability, safety, air quality and comfort while saving money. We bring creativity and commitment to our goals of championing the development and use of safe, clean energy.
People who work at CSG say that it's a unique kind of organization — one that nurtures individual talents and inspires dedication. We share a commitment to our work and our mission. CSG has a collegial atmosphere, where people respect and encourage each other to help the environment and change the way our country uses energy. How about you; do you see yourself as a part of our team?
This position will be located in the Champaign-Urbana metropolitan area of Illinois.
Responsible for the delivery of technical support to the program, its clients and customers. Provides training and guidance to contractors in solving technical problems and addressing customer needs. Conducts inspections of contractors’ work to ensure it meets the program and client quality standards.
- Provides technical guidance to contractors/partners on addressing program or residential construction needs or problems. Supports or assists contractors in addressing issues onsite in customer homes.
- Manages contractor, customer, and program partner relationships. Presents program goals and opportunities, develops/facilitates/nurtures business relationships, and explains technical/operational issues to customers, participating contractors, and program partners
- Provides in-house or on-site technical training to contractors or program partners in a classroom setting or one-on-one as required.
- Stays current on latest Program initiatives, policies, procedures, etc. and proposing ideas for improvement. Develops advanced technical knowledge in energy efficiency and building science.
- Conducts standard inspections to verify that the energy efficiency measures or equipment have been installed to program quality standards. Document findings. . Resolve customer disputes as required.
- Track and enter all required program data in an accurate and timely manner. Provides proper and timely reporting of program progress
- Ensures Program Partners are aware of all current program guidelines, incentives and requirements and are properly equipped and trained to participate in the program.
- Extensive knowledge of residential building science and energy conservation are key attributes for this position along with experience in existing home repair, renovation, and construction. BPI certification preferred.
- 5-7 experience in building diagnostics, air infiltration reduction and sidewall and attic insulation
- Strong customer service and client relationship management skills and enthusiasm for energy conservation. Ability to effectively communicate technical and program concepts to contractors, consumers, and other interested people or organizations. Ability to work independently and in a team setting.
- Computer proficiency, experience with Windows-based office applications required. Familiarity with computerized building energy modeling software such as REM/Rate, ResCheck and Home Check, Manual J, or other residential construction software required (may be acquired on the job).
- Expertise in energy efficient residential construction and building science.
Salary Range: Commensurate with experience
CSG’s compensation package includes comprehensive medical coverage with BlueCross BlueShield Blue Care Elect PPO, dental coverage with Delta Dental PPO, and vision coverage with EyeMed Vision Care; Employer paid life and AD&D insurance and STD & LTD insurance coverage; Plus paid holidays, PTO, and employer matching 401(k) retirement plan.
Please apply online at: http://jobs-csg.icims.com
CSG is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Key Words: green jobs, energy efficiency, utility, conservation, BPI, LEED, weatherization, HVAC, clean energy, energy conservation, csg jobs, energy consulting, energy efficient, green energy, renewable energy