Mirantis has more experience delivering OpenStack clouds to more customers than any other company. We build the infrastructure that makes OpenStack work. We are profitable, have strong investors, and ample cash reserves. We are proud to be Founding sponsors of OpenStack, and to serve on the OpenStack Foundation Board.
What Linux was to open source and operating systems, OpenStack is to cloud computing. It makes programmable infrastructure vendor-neutral and frictionless to access, not to mention it unlocks distributed applications and accelerates innovation. It transforms virtualization from efficiency to a whole new compute paradigm.
If you’re an ambitious and technical, and thrive on getting tough, real-world problems solved with a smart, motivated team, you want to work here.
We’ll teach you what you need to know, building your own knowledge and experience. Then you’ll meet first-hand the developers and SysAdmins who are taking cloud computing to the next level with the world’s leading open source cloud orchestration environment.
- A good listener who enjoys standing in front of a group to inspire them with what you know?
- Get as much satisfaction in making other people successful as solving those problems yourself?
- Have a knack for explaining complex technical subjects?
- Inspired by the success of Open Source technologies and want be in the front seat of disruptive transformation?
- Deliver instructor-led classroom training to end-user customers and partners on a regular schedule in US and abroad.
- Collaborate actively in developing & maintaining technical training content, lab exercises, presentations, and accompanying materials.
- Maintain training content through fast paced upgrade cycles (Currently every 6 months)
- Research completive solutions and related topics
- Feed knowledge back in to training curriculum
- Write technical blogs for Mirantis Website
Good to Have
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science and/or equivalent experience
- Solid hands-on experience with several of the following: Linux, OpenStack, Rackspace, AWS, mysql, RabbitMQ, networking, SDN, OpenFlow,
- Ability to quickly learn and develop expertise with new technology stacks
- Experience with Virtualization technologies – kvm, xen, lxc, vmware
- Strong background in storage technologies – iscsi, fcoe, nexenta, netapp, nfs, nas
- Proven oral presentation skills, interpersonal communication, and writing skills
- Ability to travel globally, 30%-to-50%.
What We Offer
- Experience with committing and working from Open Source repositories
- Recent experience with architecting, deploying, and operating Internet scale applications
- Coding experience in one or more of the following languages: Ruby, Perl, PHP, Python, Java or .Net.
- Experience designing and developing instructor-led content with technical subject matter content.
- Experience conducting classroom training for related technology products and services
- A strong “stage presence” and ability to manage a classroom of adult learners
- Work in the Bay Area with established leaders in their industry
- Work with exceptionally passionate, talented and engaging colleagues
- Build large scale, innovative systems for mission-critical use
- High-energy atmosphere of a young company, competitive compensation package with strong benefits plan and stock options
- Lots of freedom for creativity and personal growth