Janrain, the leader in user management solutions for the social web, is seeking a Technical Integration Engineer to fuel the growth of its Fusion Partner Program. Through Fusion, Janrain offers technology integration partners (ISVs, Agencies and System Integrators) and independent developers the tools and services to develop market leading solutions around the Janrain User Management Platform (JUMP).
As an Integration Engineer, you will own the technical relationship with integration partners and developers, and provide both architectural and tactical guidance on the best ways to integrate JUMP with their products and services. You will own the integration process from kick-off to certification/approval as well as the integration relationship with the partner over time. In order to succeed in this role, you must possess strong project management and communication skills in addition to a solid grasp of Janrain’s technology and APIs. You will develop repeatable processes for partner certification, and drive the creation of best practices guides. In order to scale effectively in this role, you will work closely with Technical Product Managers and provide input to requirements that automate the various steps in partner technical onboarding. Because of your interactions with partners’ technologies during the integration process, you will be required to serve as the subject matter expert for internal teams of Deployment and Sales Engineers in situations where Janrain’s technologies are deployed alongside those of our integration partners in customer environments.
This role reports to the Sr Partner Engineer.
- Provide technical guidance to partners on optimal ways to integrate with JUMP, both pre-launch and post-launch.
- Maintain a partner integration and certification calendar and provide up to date status of in progress integrations
- Serve as the primary point of technical contact for partners building integrations to JUMP
- Review, manage and communicate pass/fail status of submitted integrations during the approval/certification process
- Develop a good understanding of partner integrations and serve as the subject matter expert on certified partners for Janrain Deployment and Sales Engineers.
- Assist with partner training, servicing and support for integrations.
Janrain offers a generous benefit package, which includes medical, dental and vision coverage, vacation, life insurance and disability plans.
- 3-5 years experience working with customers in a support or project capacity.
- 3-5 years experience with installing or configuring web based applications or CMSs.
- Strong familiarity with web protocols and APIs; OpenID and OAuth.
- Comfortable with a Linux command-line prompt, and able to write basic shell scripts.
- Should be PMI certified, or at a minimum have experience as a technical project manager using a variety of methodologies (agile, kanban, etc)
- Must be able distill complex data into accessible concepts and communicate clearly
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and to advise companies on opportunities to transform their organizations social media strategy
- Experience with social media applications, web design, content management, and web analytics technologies preferred
- Capacity to track many industry and internal information sources and stay current on the latest in changing technologies in the space. Synthesize and share innovation insights
- Experience determining business needs using a variety of techniques including interviews, requirements workshops, storyboards, use cases, task and workflow analysis
- Ability to critically and quickly evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconciling conflicting input
- Takes responsibility and demonstrates personal integrity & honesty. Outstanding verbal and written communications skills.
- Confident and self-directed problem solver
- Track record of success in driving projects/initiatives to successful completion
- Work effectively in fast-paced environment
- Strong leadership, interpersonal, organizational and time management skills
- High level of energy, efficiency and flexibility
- Ability and willingness to travel when necessary
We offer an exceptional working environment where foosball challenges and play are an everyday occurrence.
A casual environment coupled with a clear mission makes for a rewarding place to work.