The IT Service Delivery Project Technical Lead is the lead technical resource for the IT organization. This is a position that combines deep technical and data analysis skills with sound project management capabilities.
- Managing the technical deliverables for a project to agreed budgets and timelines, utilizing the appropriate methodologies and standards. Management of technical tasks within the project plan and coordination with the project manager and assigned staff from EY and contractors.
- Monitors adherence to development methodologies, tools, key performance indicators (KPIs), increase software component reuse, consolidate platforms, environments, products with the goal reducing overall IT costs.
- Ensure effective and consistent communication within the team, with peers, the leadership team and the peers in other IT groups. Proactively raise issues to Team Leadership when necessary.
- Responsible for ensuring the quality of data analysis engineering deliverables in accordance with the project timeline and budget.
Essential Functions of the Job:
Analytical/Decision Making Responsibilities:
- Responsible for guiding the project team to translate architecture and design deliverables into more detailed Solution Design Documents and the resulting build deliverables
- Provide feedback to the project team regarding application engineering methodologies, standards and leading practices
- Research and evaluate alternative technical solutions and propose the most efficient and cost-effective solution
- Maintain adherence to architectural standards/principles, global product-specific guidelines, usability design standards, etc
- Provide support resources and guidelines to efficiently support the project during the transition to production
- Monitor and manage adherence to application development/engineering and business intelligence and analytics methodologies, standards, code reviews to ensure activities are occurring as planned
- Identify potential points of contention for missed activities and notify project leadership of situation and provide remediation plan
- Minimize technical exposure and risk on projects by ensuring appropriate cross training within the team and working through the PM to escalate risks to stakeholders
- Distribute technical information to the project team or to all impacted Team Leaders based on the needs of the project
- Work closely with:
- Team Leadership to understand strategic goals/objectives and translate into actionable plans
- Service Delivery Managers and program/project managers to build solutions as part of end-to-end projects
- Operations managers to effectively and efficiently support the project during the transition phase
- Proactively anticipates project issues before they occur; defines the problem; identifies possible causes; works with team to identify solutions; selects and implements most appropriate solution
- Makes key decisions based upon input from Team Leader, Program/project manager; solid understanding of IT Services principles; firm and business objectives and needs analysis
- Applies judgment in implementing application development/engineering methodologies, processes, and practices to specific requirements of projects/programs which may include product design engineering, information security, code maintainability and reliability
- Proven analytical skills and problem solving skills needed to manage multiple technical challenges simultaneously per each project assigned
- Position reports to the IT project and program managers.
- Leads an application development/engineering team with a focus on database design, data integration and reporting with respect to the Technical Lead’s assigned program/project with both local and remote resources; directly mentors staff working on the project; works with Service Delivery Manager and Program/project managers if issues arise within Project; works with PM if issues arise with development/engineering staff assigned to project; supports and monitors project’s progress
- Provides feedback for development/engineering staff with respect to the project work
- Must deliver our solutions by working collaboratively with a number of EY teams.
- Responsible for assessing the technical skills of the application development/engineering staff where appropriate
- Exercises influence at many levels of the organization
- Obtains necessary supervision and support to ensure quality, adherence to application engineering methodologies, standards, leading practices, budgets, and timelines are met
- Serves as a role model by promoting and demonstrating commitment to application development/engineering methodologies, processes and standards for both EY and industry-wide, recommending process improvements when necessary
- Experience managing and motivating virtual teams
- Lends expertise to internal IT teams and task forces as well as other IT projects/programs.
- A degree in Computer Science or a related discipline; or equivalent work experience
- 10 to 15 years in a corporate IT environment
- 7 to 10 years experience building, integrating and delivering large enterprise-wide solutions
- 5 to 7 years experience with Microsoft SQL Server, SQL Server Integration Services, SQL Server Reporting Services, SQL Server Analysis Services, and .Net
- 5 to 7 years of technical lead experience
- Demonstrated experience in utilizing flexible sourcing options to deliver application engineering services
- Demonstrated experience in working with application vendors /external resource providers and managing key vendor contacts to deliver value for the money
- Demonstrated experience working in a large IT Organization with established Solutions Architecture and Infrastructure Architecture organizations and standards.
Knowledge and Skills Requirements :
- Strong leadership qualities required to lead and manage high performing data integration and reporting project teams which deliver technical value that relates to business value
- Strong interpersonal communication and organizational skills required to lead and motivate technical teams that deliver quality services
- Understanding of resource management, communication management, cost management, risk management, quality management, integration management
- Strong technical skills architecting, designing, developing, debugging, documenting, and implementing data warehousing and reporting applications
- Facilitation skills to lead teams and successful meetings
- Strong knowledge and experience in all IT methodologies and life cycles that will be used to guide the technical work of technical teams assigned to programs/projects.
- Deep experience in data warehouse, data integration and reporting application development, strong experience in database design and application development.
- Possesses an understanding of IT Services: service offerings, technical standards and policies, technical and business strategies as well as organizational structure
- Maintains awareness of new and emerging technologies and the potential application on service offerings and products provided by IT
- Demonstrated skills and experience in working with virtual and geographically dispersed teams to develop software
- Work experience in a professional services industry, preferred
- Familiarity with ITIL v2 or 3 would be advantageous
- National and international travel may be required
Ernst & Young - 19 months ago
EY is a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services. The insights and quality services we deliver help build trust...