The Technical Project Manager is responsible for the successful development of web based media solutions, working with cross-functional, multi-project resources to ensure on time delivery. The Technical Project Manager plans, schedules and monitors project activities, applying technical, theoretical, organizational and managerial skills to satisfy project requirements, while building positive professional relationships with clients and associates.
Education and Experience:
- Facilitates resource assignments working with department leadership to ensure team members are fully briefed and understand their roles and each other's contribution. Solicits input and feedback on projects and assignments.
- Establishes and maintains good relations with client and supports client interactions at all levels.
- Supports operation and development groups by following departmental policies and procedures; promptly and accurately completing timesheets, attending mandatory information sessions/focus groups regarding important aspects of our business.
- Contributes to the continuous improvement of departmental development processes and methodologies. Ensure quality through the encouragement of accountability.
- Meets business objectives by delivering projects on time, within budget, and with high quality.
- Works with the technical team to develop the relevant portions of the technical architecture and specifications.
- Assists in creating business, functional, and technical specifications.
- Assists in the development of project scope, functional specifications, quality assurance plans, and engineering documentation as appropriate.
- Assists in the management of projects assigned to offshore development team(s) as appropriate.
- This is an extremely fast paced position that requires the person to be adaptable, flexible and forward thinking as you will be dealing with multiple projects for multiple clients
Must have strong interpersonal and problem-solving skills, with an ability to sell and negotiate solutions to senior business stakeholders within the organization, be able to build strong relationships within client organizations, able to lead client meetings with senior personnel; able to create and deliver persuasive presentations, etc...
Must be able to work effectively with partners and/or suppliers to deliver an overall solution to the client.
Must be able to effectively lead and motivate multi-disciplinary project teams.
Must be able to manage multiple projects as one cohesive program. Must have strong project management skills and experience, including:
Schedule development, management, monitoring and oversight
Resource management and forecasting
Task and delivery management
Risk identification and management
Leadership, team building, and team management
Delegation to support teams
Demonstrated ability to apply concepts in strategy, marketing, and brand management.
PMI certification a plus.
MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) required.
MS Project knowledge is required.
Working knowledge/familiarity with: Content management systems, Application servers and Database servers.
Must have basic understanding of development team Source Control/Versioning systems (CVS, Subversion).
Must have minimum of five years of experience in a similar role in a web development firm, IT consulting firm, strategy consulting firm, or agency environment; or equivalent transferable client-side experience.
Must have sound knowledge of the Web and related technologies; includes: user experience design, web development, web services, integration, application management and hosting.
Bachelors required Computer Science preferred
current or prior advertising experience an extreme plus
MRM Worldwide - 17 months ago
McCann Relationship Marketing, doing business as MRM Worldwide, is a bit like a matchmaker, building relationships between its clients and...