Houston, TXSub-title/Location if needed, or delete
Schneider Electric is a global specialist in energy management. We are passionate about delivering real and innovative solutions in energy management and energy efficiency. We look for individuals driven by a desire to impact the world. We commit to develop our people and make energy safe, reliable, efficient, productive and green. Visit us online to learn more about a career at Schneider Electric.
Schneider Electric Smart Infrastructure has an outstanding opportunity for a passionate/motivated individual to assume the role of Technical Lead in our Houston, TX location. The essential responsibility of the technical lead is to ensure that applications project software is designed, developed and maintained in an efficient and consistent manner and that the software meets end-user requirements.
- Technical leadership responsibility for two to three concurrent projects that require significant custom software design and deployment. For each project to which he/she is assigned, the Technical Lead should have a full understanding of implementation requirements and how multiple pieces of the implementation will fit together.
- Work with Project Managers to define the best technical approach to meet custom software requirements. Project Managers will obtain from scope of work or project requirements task, a set of customization requirements. The Technical Lead will work with the PM to determine the best approach for implementing those requirements.
- Work with other analysts assigned to the project to:
- Help ensure pieces of the implementation developed by different analysts will operate correctly when installed together
- Help ensure code is developed in a consistent manner. This may be accomplished by periodic code reviews, code walkthroughs or other similar processes.
- Leadership responsibilities include providing technical guidance to other members of the department
- Prepare project analysis, design, functional and interface specification documentation
- Perform system, database, application, and network capacity planning for clients
- Integrate equipment and systems in solutions and projects
- Bachelor of Science degree in computer science, engineering, or geography (or related field with computer emphasis), with 5+ years related post-secondary experience in software/systems development preferably in the SCADA industry.
- Technical experience in implementation of utility engineering software solutions such as Outage Management Systems (OMS), SCADA, Distribution Management Systems (DMS), Automated Metering Infrastructure (AMI), Geographic Information Systems (GIS) and/or Engineering Analysis (EA). Experience in any or all of these areas will be considered.
- Knowledge and experience with a strong compliment of the following: Windows 7, XP, 2003 and 2008 Operating Systems, OASyS, C++, C#, .NET, Perl, SQL, Networking, Diagnostic and Troubleshooting experience
- Proven capability in Software and System Development, System Integration, Documentation, Testing, Installation, Commissioning and Service Processes, and SCADA technology including an understanding of RTUs, PLCs etc.
- Experience developing end-user applications and interfaces with an object oriented programming language, such as C# for both the desktop and web.
- Experience with commercial RDBMS such as Oracle and SQL Server preferred.
- Experience working with electric, gas, water and wastewater utility companies.
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- Ability to travel both domestically and internationally about 35% of the time.
- Relocation to a Smart Grid Infrastructure (SGIT) office is required. We have offices in Vancouver, WA, Houston, TX, Athens, GA, and Fort Collins and Broomfield, CO
Care. Connect. Challenge. Commit.
Our values define our company. Who we are, our customer approach, how we do business, what its like to work here, and the kind of people we want to attract and retain. We care for our planet, our customers, our company, our team, and ourselves. We connect to customers and colleagues; we are open and respectful. We challenge others and embrace challenges ourselves. We commit to change by leading the change.
At Schneider Electric every employee has the power to take control over his or her career and to draw motivation from our shared talent mindset. Our comprehensive Total Employee Experience offer enables employees to manage their professional development and prepare for the next step in their career. This offer includes: a competitive health and wellness package, retirement plans, World Employee Share Ownership Plan, mentoring, internal and international mobility, technical, functional, individual and managerial development, and much more. Join Schneider Electric. Make the most of your energy.
About Schneider Electric
As a global specialist in energy management with operations in more than 100 countries, Schneider Electric offers integrated solutions to make energy safe, reliable, efficient, productive and green across multiple market segments. The Group has leadership positions in energy and infrastructure, industrial processes, building automation, and data centres/networks, as well as a broad presence in residential applications. With 22.4 billion euros sales in 2011, the company's 130,000+ employees are committed to help individuals and organizations Make the most of their energy.
Telvent - 12 months ago