Job Summary :
Lead Technical delivery and crisis teams throughout full development lifecycle of Teradata Implementations or performance crises. This position may include hands on design, development and optimization of Teradata implementations. Primary function is to monitor and advise/correct with a Teradata database environment, including runtime optimization, capacity management and planning. Major tools include Teradata Manager, Viewpoint, TASM functionality, and DBQL. May need to train Client DBAs on administering Client-specific solutions.
Key Responsibilities :
- Data Warehouse Implementation Lead
- Handling Crisis situations
- Business Intelligence application tuning within the Teradata environment experience required
- LDM for reporting and analytics experience required
- Physical database design and tuning preferred
- Bulk loading of source data and source data conditioning.
- Database security and diagnostic maintenance.
- Distributed database management and control.
- Database user security and permissions.
- Evaluation and utilization of software products to assist in the management of data.
- Diagnosis of problems and resolution for application software.
- Measurement of DBMS performance and tuning; diagnosis of problems.
- Modification of system-level configuration to optimize performance.
- Interface with SQL developers for performance and data access requirements.
- Development of standards and procedures for the BI/DBMS environment.
- Consultation with system administrator regarding O/S - DBMS requirements.
- Regularly scheduled verification procedures and error correction.
- Monitoring errors.
- Interface with system stewards to gather requirements.
- Define data element requirements including history, timeliness and frequency of data.
- Define volume and timing requirements.
- Design the ECTL interface including technology choices.
- Define server process requirements.
- Design, develop, and test processes for extracting data from legacy systems or production databases.
- Design, develop, and test processes for validating and conditioning data prior to loading into a data
Skills & Attributes
- Design, develop, and test processes for loading initial data into a data warehouse.
- Design, develop, and test processes for loading cyclical data into a data warehouse.
- Participate in performance, integration, and system testing.
- Set up and adjust workload management (TASM)
General business knowledge in a wide range of industries
- Strong presentation skills
- Strong facilitation skills with executive-level leaders
skill areas needed to accomplish a task or solve a problem.
- Hands-on experience applying modeling techniques to actual business solutions
- Experience in designing, developing, and implementing relational databases
- Experience in designing, developing and implementing Business Intelligence tools
- Coaching - Provide timely guidance and feedback to help others strengthen specific knowledge and
- Business Needs Analysis - Ability to define the client's requirements within the context of their
course of action based on scenario, procedures, and guidelines, for a given situation.
- Ability to assess the opportunities, benefits, risks, and success factors of a potential solution.
- Decision-Making - Ability to use logical sound judgment and experience to determine the appropriate
problems or situations.
- Problem-Solving - Gather and use information needed to develop effective solutions to difficult
desired result or outcome. Drive consensus and team ownership of decisions.
- Facilitation and Meeting Management - Guide the activities of an individual, group, or team toward a
business or organizational situations where there is disagreement or differences in interest.
- Influencing Others - Ability to assert ideas and persuade others to commit action.
- Conflict Management and Negotiation - Ability to come to sound agreements with counterparts in
deliver a complete information system that supports operational and management objectives.
- System/Technology Integration - Ability to identify and bring together a variety of technologies to
component integration, system acceptance, deployment readiness, and user acceptance testing to
- Testing a Data Warehouse - Ability to prepare for, administer, and validate the results of unit, vendor,
ensure conformance to business, functional, and quality requirements
BA Degree in Business Administration and or Business Information Systems or 10 + years of equivalent work experience
10 + years of Teradata and Data Warehouse experience required
Hands-on general or management experience in a number of business disciplines such as consulting services, marketing and sales, project management, information technology, financial management, business operations, and software development, with proven ability to develop and integrate plans.
Must travel up to 80% in a virtual environment
- Solid understanding of current data warehousing topics. BA or BS in Business or Computer Science.
Experience in working in a Systems Integrator/ Big 4Consulting Firm with a proven track record of driving demand in solutions and services is a plus.
AMS Sales & Services
Teradata - 24 months ago
Teradata is a global leader in analytic data platforms, marketing and analytic applications, and consulting services. We help organizations...