The Core Data team is looking for an experienced developer to join our team, skilled in the areas of automated data pipelines, data manipulation and analysis, knowledge discovery and intelligence gathering, and applying machine learning and data mining technology in a production environment.
An understanding of distributed systems architecture and performance concerns is important as well as an ability to create reliable code when integrating with unreliable 3rd party systems and teams.
We build and maintain the asynchronous backend components and APIs of a platform that will support many different end-user facing products. A number of our components are written in .Net and will be migrated to Python over time.
- Provide input in the design, re-design and development of systems and products
- Clearly articulates thoughts and ideas verbally and/or in writing
- Enhancing and adding new features to existing systems
- Have a passion for solving problems for a fast-paced business.
- Translating functional requirements into conceptual and detailed design
- Develop code using Python
- Participate in our Kanban driven team
- Understanding of distributed systems and asynchronous processing
- Experience developing recommendation intelligence algorithms (neighborhood based filtering, content based filtering, item set affinities, etc.)
- Experience developing systems with technologies such as Hadoop and other NoSQL technologies … Mahout and other machine learning libraries
- Statistical modeling and inference a plus
- Experience with property graph databases a plus
- Individual must take initiative and be able to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to provide technical leadership and communicate technology, strategy, and design choices
- Provide a sample of code which you are proud of and happy to stamp your name to. Can be
- Experience with Agile methodologies a plus (Scrum, Lean, Kanban, etc.)
- C# / Alt.net
- Amazon Web Services
XO Group Inc. - 16 months ago
XO Group Inc., formerly The Knot Inc., is a lifestage media and technology company connecting engaged couples, newlyweds, and first-time...