What we're looking for:
ZocDoc is seeking a technical lead who wants to manage a team with serious CS skills, building technology that really helps people. You enjoy a good conversation about theory or architecture, but you are happiest helping your team members grow and defining the direction of your team. You have the technical skills and experience necessary to help your team members with tough technical challenges and you're not afraid to dive in and write code with the rest of the team.
Working at ZocDoc
We were recently named the Best Place to Work in New York City by Crain's New York, which means that they asked everyone who works here how much they loved their job and everyone answered in the range of "a lot" to "a helluva lot." The truth is, we have a lot of fun doing our job. We get excited about sharing some new C# language feature or optimization strategy . We go on semi-annual hackathons to remote, exotic places (like the Catskills and Long Island!). Pizza and beer are never far away. Neither are granola and tea, for that matter.
We work in a massive loft-y space in the heart of SoHo. Devs get top-notch gear (24gb RAM, 4 monitor setups, etc) and interact a lot with the rest of the team.
We want someone who:
- Has managed an engineering team
- Is experienced with an OOP language
- Has used a relational or non-relational or ur-relational database
- Is driven by an unknown force to change healthcare for the better
- Likes thinking about performance. All. The. Time.
As a ZocDoc employee you get:
- A feeling of accomplishing something genuinely useful to humanity
- Relocation fees fully covered
- A competitive salary
- Free catered lunches every day
- 100% employer-covered health insurance
- Stock options
- A hoverboard*
*subject to availability
If this sounds like the gig for you, send us your resume and in your cover letter tell us what we should change to make our website, zocdoc.com, even better.
ZocDoc - 15 months ago