The American Institute of Certified Public Accountants is the national, professional association of CPAs, with approximately 386,000 members, including CPAs in business and industry, public practice, government, and education; student affiliates; and international associates. We set ethical standards for the profession and U.S. auditing standards for audits of private companies; federal, state and local governments; and non-profit organizations. We also develop and grade the Uniform CPA Examination.
Please respond via our website at www.aicpa.org/careers and post your resume directly online with us.
The Technical Manager is responsible for all aspects of case investigations, including communicating findings to Technical Standards Subcommittee members and member under investigation
Senior Technical Manager
- Commitment to quality
- Decision making
- Project management
- Technical skills (GAAP, GAS, GAAS)
80% - Case investigations including research and communication of findings
20% - administrative tasks associated with case investigation
- Investigate allegations of AICPA and state CPA society members who may have violated the C odes of Professional Conduct relating to professional standards (e.g., Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), Generally Accepted Auditing Standards (GAAS), and Government Auditing Standards (GAS) with emphasis on cases involving employee benefit plans and commercial entities.
- Review working papers, financial statements and/or other documents to determine compliance with professional standards.
- Research complex technical issues.
- Draft interrogatories to the member under investigation and conduct the interviews as part of gathering information while giving the member due process.
- Prepare case summaries of investigations to expedite committee members’ review.
- Interface with committee members and government agencies in resolving technical issues and bringing cases to a resolution.
- Present cases to committee members and before a Joint Trial Board Panel
- Correspondence with respondents and firms, preparing for and summarizing interviews with respondents and case management.
- Quality of investigations, including the ability to recognize and research complex issues;
- Meeting quantitative case goals;
- Ability to move inventory of several cases as a whole to a conclusion;
- Clear, effective written and verbal presentations such that investigative process and findings can be efficiently communicated to the committee and respondents
- At least 7 years of recent public accounting experience is required with experience in audits of employee benefit plans and commercial entities.
- Bachelor’s degree and Certified Public Accountant license is required.
- Strong working knowledge of GAAP, GAAS, GAS.
- Excellent project management skills and good organizational abilities
- Ability to deal effectively and efficiently with partners and managers of public accounting firms and officers of publicly registered entities.
- Strong presentation skills and oral communication skills.
- Minimal travel.
- Experience with not-for-profit subject to OMB Circular A-133) and/or
government engagements a plus
Please respond via our website at www.aicpa.org/careers and post your resume directly online with us. You can upload your resume and cover letter directly via our website.
Equal Employment Opportunity
AICPA is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or any other applicable legally protected status. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
AICPA - 14 months ago