Technical Manager - 067792
Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and industrial leader serving customers in more than 150 countries. Our 162,000 employees create quality products, services and solutions to optimize energy and operational efficiencies of buildings; lead-acid automotive batteries and advanced batteries for hybrid and electric vehicles; and interior systems for automobiles. Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. Through our growth strategies and by increasing market share we are committed to delivering value to shareholders and making our customers successful. In 2011, Corporate Responsibility Magazine recognized Johnson Controls as the #1 company in its annual "100 Best Corporate Citizens" list. For additional information, please visit http://www.johnsoncontrols.com. JCI is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and as such does not discriminate in its recruiting and selection process based on disability or handicap status. If you are a person with a disability and you need an accommodation during the application process, please call our Talent Acquisition Hotline at (414)-524-8999 and press option #0.
Battle Creek, Michigan
1. Manage Engineering and Maintenance operations for the plant.
a. 18 salary personnel
b. 26 hourly personnel
c. MRO purchasing, forecast and budget
2. Direct support and involvement in Launch Management activities.
3. Direct interaction with Product Engineering, Program Management and business unit leadership based outside the plant.
4. Direct involvement on plant P&L, accountable for departmental budget and plant metrics.
1. BSME or EE or related degree in an engineering discipline required. MBA or MS preferred.
2. Minimum of 10 years experience in a high volume manufacturing environment is a must. Prefer automotive or applicable industrial background.
3. Must be physically capable of keeping up with the plant cadence. Ability to handle extended hours, specifically during equipment outages or reacting to customer requirements, is a necessity. Candidate cannot have heart pacemaker as the energy fields of the laser equipment can interrupt functionality.
4. Candidate must be willing and capable to lead from the front. Must possess the skills to effectively engage both salary and hourly resources and be a solid, stable leader with good overall equipment and process troubleshooting skills. Plant is a union environment, so it will be required to learn and abide by the contractual agreements.
5. Solid background with automotive quality systems, including TS 16949, APQP including PPAP process, etc. Functional knowledge of GD&T critical and expect fluency with CAD programs and product prints. Interaction with the product and quality is constant.
6. Ideal candidate will have proven track record of driving process control, change management and the use of data to drive decisions.
Johnson Controls - 23 months ago
Johnson Controls, Inc. (Johnson Controls) provides automotive interiors, products and services that optimize energy usage in buildings and...