NBC Universal Technical Operations provides support for NBC News, Sports, Entertainment, and MSNBC Studios and Control Rooms. This role will be responsible for managing the crew and production team to execute shows, as well as day-to-day operations. Specifically:
• Oversee all NBC Universal Studio and Control room production, assuring performance standards.
• Work closely with scheduling to ensure proper crew assignments and implement new strategies.
• Work closely with Media Traffic Control, the Network News Desk and bookers to ensure successful execution of LIVE remotes into daily programming.
• Liaison with NBCU operations & executive leadership
• Oversee facilities, IT, and maintenance services for assigned control room and studio in unison with the needs for NBC News, Sports, Entertainment, and Cable Programming.
• Responsible for customer relationships within NBC brands. Must balance creative demands of various properties with outstanding operational management skills.
• Develop & motivate talent, creating standards and expectations for excellence in broadcasting.
• Execute business strategies and cost initiatives while maintaining day to day operations tasks.
• Manage demands during breaking & unplanned news, sports, and entertainment events.
• Implement unified operational strategy across NBCU show units.
• Work in compliance with Integrity, Health and Safety Policies, and NBC News Standards and Practices.
• 7+ years experience in broadcast television
• Strong on air operations and technical background
• Ability to work days, overnights, weekends and holidays
• Deep working knowledge with control room and studio technology
• Solid leadership, clear communication, excellent interpersonal, and team building skills required.
• Demonstrated management experience and customer focused.
• Work well under pressure.
• Experienced in working with DGA, NABET, IATSE, as well as non-represented.
• Excellent team facilitation and knowledge of team problem solving techniques
• Ability to Facilitate change, serve as a change agent in the organization
• Excellent ability to manage multiple tasks and challenges at the same time
• Excellent written and verbal communication
• Bachelor/Masters Degree
• Journalist/producer/newsroom experience
• Entertainment Control Room experience
• On-Air live experience
• Ability to operate within a budget.
Apply to job
end to friend
Save to cart
NBC Universal - 19 months ago