Bredero Shaw is the world’s largest applicator of pipeline coatings for the oil and gas industry for both onshore and offshore pipelines. The company’s head office is located in Houston, Texas with regional offices located in Calgary, Alberta, Canada; Leith, Scotland, UK; Orkanger, Norway; Sharjah, U.A.E and Singapore. ShawCor Ltd. is a highly successful global energy services company, leading its competitors in all market segments and financially positioned to continue its growth and success well into the future.
Position Summary : Technical Manager
The Technical Manager is responsible for the technical development of existing and new field joint coating products and services. The ideal candidate will offer services to Bredero Shaw regions with respect to specifications issues, customers (ability to meet and exceed customer specifications, customers’ requests or complaints).
Key Responsibilities :
Project manage the development of new and existing products and acts as a focal point for the provision of technical, engineering and strategic inputs in products/services development
Design, develop, qualify, new products/services combining materials science and equipment performance
Lead R&D activities in conjunction with Corporate R&D or other parties
Develop and administer the budget associated
Advise the senior management on the strategic issues related to the development of new products and services
Follow market trends and movements from competition (new products, patents)
Support technically sales and business development of Bredero Shaw regions
Preparation of procedures / SOP / training package
Preparation of presentations, technical papers, articles, demonstrations
Raise the BREDERO SHAW Field Joint Services profile by actively representing it in
relevant industry conferences, associations and standardization initiatives
Increase the network (suppliers, clients, contacts)
Advise, train and support operations department in technical matters
- Bachelor’s degree: Engineering or Materials
- Master’s degree: Engineering or Materials
- 6-10 years’ experience in a technical role involving the following:
- Solid understanding of the key materials and processes used in field joints i.e., FBE, PP, injection molding, blasting, induction heating, etc.
- Ability to interpret the technical requirements of customers - specs, ITPs, industry standards
- Ability to trouble shoot (interpret data, identify root causes, implement corrective actions)
- Ability to present our position effectively to clients
- Strong technical knowledge (materials, chemistry, anticorrosion, flow assurance) – ideally in O&G offshore industry
- Project management skills and demonstrated ability to manage budgets
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to operate within all levels of the organization
- Intimate knowledge of O&G EPC contractors structure, contractual mentality and strategic objectives
- Knowledge of EPC installation contractors operating conditions
- Ability to understand customer needs from a large volume of information
We thank all applicants for their interest; however we cannot accept telephone calls regarding this position. All recruiting activities are managed via our Recruitment Management System and you must apply via the link below or the posting on our career page at www.shawcor.com/careers to be considered for this opportunity.