As a Technical Marketing Engineer you work cross-functionally to create technical content for NetApp products and solutions that are targeted to Customers, Field Tech Teams and Partners. The engineer will work closely with Product Management as well as Product and Solutions Engineering on the company's current and future strategies related to their specific area of technical expertise. You may also work closely with third-party vendor organizations as required to achieve corporate goals in regards to product integration and best practices.
Responsibility and Interaction:
- You will lead projects and be accountable for project deliverables working with cross-functional and business unit teams with limited supervision and occasionally lead inter-department cross functional teams. This may include managing and designing Partner integrations highlighting NetApp technologies.
- Establishing yourself as a Subject Matter Expert in specific technologies across departments solving difficult technical problems without management assistance, and will continue to build your expertise with continued internal and external education. You will identify gaps in product/process and make proactive suggestions for improvement.
- Influence the strategic direction of activities with your Team, Project Stakeholders, Product Management, Partners and Sr Director. This role occasionally interfaces with Technical Directors, other Business Units and industry contacts and thus you will need to build productive relationships and networks.
- Create and present technical presentations to customers and partners, and gather feedback to influence product and solution offerings.
- You will be responsible for developing technical collateral in your focused areas of technical expertise to highlight best practices, including architectural design work, lab testing, and publishing documentation. This includes developing design, deployment and integration guides for products, solutions and reference architectures.
- You will collaborate on strategy with product management to create and review Market and Solutions Requirement documents (MRD & SRD) This includes participating in cross functional teams to develop product and solution roadmaps. Job Requirements Requirements:
- Ability to communicate in a clear and concise professional manner, tailored to the appropriate audience; including both verbal and written communications.
- Ability to lead and work collaboratively within a business unit team and have strong influencing skills.
- Ability to work on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation and may require collaboration across multiple technical teams.
- Must be able to manage multiple priorities and complex tasks in a dynamic work environment.
- Ability to build strong working relationships across all levels of the organization, including remote areas.
- Problem solve difficult technical problems within the scope of the project and occasionally business unit related projects, without management assistance
- The tasks you will be responsible for are often unstructured and the issues addressed are less defined requiring new perspectives and creative approaches.
- You will apply attained experiences and knowledge in solving problems that are complex in scope requiring in-depth evaluation.
- Demonstrate good judgment in solving problems as well as identifying problems in advance, and proposing solutions.
- You must work effectively with Staff to Vice President level employees within the function, across functions and with external parties.
- Limited supervision and direction is provided. This individual will operate and drive both tactical and strategic results and set priorities with management assistance.
- The ideal candidate will be a proactive contributor and subject matter expert.
- To be successful, you must demonstrate favorable results through regular leadership and influencing others.
- Often acts as a mentor to junior engineers and assists with integrating new hire engineers into the team. Education and Experience Education & Experience:
- A minimum of 8 years of experience is required; 9 to 11 years of experience is preferred.
- A Bachelor of Science or Masters degree in Electrical Engineering, or Computer Science or related technical discipline; or equivalent experience is required
- Demonstrated ability to have successfully completed multiple, complex technical projects
- Demonstrated experience in authoring technical white papers as well as project conceptualization and planning, is preferred
- Public speaking skills are preferred. Posting Category Marketing Full time / Part time Full-time Posting Location USA - North Carolina - Research Triangle Park Requisition Number 23397BR
NetApp - 20 months ago
copy to clipboard -
Careers at NetApp
At NetApp, your expertise is what drives our growing success
NetApp is the ideal place to give your career a boost....