Work with a driven and highly motivated team to support the on-air operations of NBC Universal, one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies.
As a Technical Operations Manager at NBC Universal (NBCU), you will be part of a management team responsible for leading the origination, integration and distribution of NBCU’s News & Entertainment networks. Your primary responsibility will be the strategic project oversight for initiatives across the entire on-air organization. You will be responsible for partnering with clients and internal teams to work on initiatives aimed at increased reliability, productivity, and growth for the on-air operation. This will include project scoping and due diligence, along with tactical project management through final execution. You will also partner with the management team on unique requests such as live shows, advanced graphics needs, and other interactive events, while developing reliable and scalable operating models. Finally, you will also be accountable for measuring and controlling quality across the on-air environment, by driving best practice training, technology, and workflows.
• Oversight of strategic initiatives across the NOC on-air organization
• Develop timelines, manage budgets, and coordinate critical tasks across multi-functional teams
• Ensure efficient internal team and client communications for projects and deliverables
• Lead strong partnership with engineering and automation teams to implement new technologies, resolve on-air issues, and maintain minimal on-air disruption for necessary maintenance works
• Work closely with Program Operations, Commercial Operations and networks to ensure proper scheduling of live and special events and develop off air execution plans.
• Work directly with all network clients to resolve issues, satisfy on-air needs and execute changes to programming in a dynamic environment
• Minimum of 2 yrs experience in a role with a track record of proven leadership, effective staff management, high energy level, and strong team skills
• Minimum 2 yrs experience in project management
• Willingness and ability to work or be on call at any time, sometimes on short notice in order to support a 24/7/365 operation
• BA/BS in related field
• Extensive and significant experience, understanding and knowledge of digital broadcast and production technical systems, standards and processes
• Strategic project management leadership
• Technical experience with automated, real-time systems, digital video and audio, troubleshooting and test techniques
• Prior experience with Snell automation systems
• Experience with scheduling and resource management
• Strong attention to detail, communication and interpersonal skills
• Effectively flexible in approach, and responds well to pressure
• A track record of meeting or exceeding performance expectations
Apply to job
Send to friend
Save to cart
NBC Universal - 18 months ago