This position supports Cray by researching and analyzing Cray's high-performance computing (HPC) marketplace, including competition, costing, product mix and market trends. This position also provides technical expertise on components and configurations to the product line, and advises on any technical changes in the market. This position is responsible for understanding and complying with the Cray system of internal controls.
• Researches and prepares competitive analysis of the HPC marketplace and/or cluster products, including product and component naming, writing white papers, technical sheets and/or product specifications
• Prepares competitive costing/pricing analysis
• Gathers and processes competitive benchmarking information for business cases
• Formulates market requirements for Cray's HPC products
• Prepares critical evaluation of consumer and market demands and comparison to product specification and market trends
• Assists in product management, scheduling and positioning
• Provides technical expertise on components and configurations to product line
• Provides input on pricing and configuration tool used by Cray Sales
• BS Degree in Marketing, Business, or equivalent. Master’s degree preferred.
• 15 years’ related experience in a technical environment
• Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.
• Effective project management skills.
• Ability to balance short and long term priorities.
• Ability to complete projects on time and within budget with minimal supervision.
• Good personal organization and time management skills with a proven track record of consistently meeting deadlines
• Success in multi-tasking and effectively managing competing priorities
• Demonstrated ability to coordinate and collaborate with others, both internal and external to the company.
• Success working in a fast-paced, changing environment; strong sense of urgency
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office software.
Cray Inc. designs, develops, manufactures, markets and services high-performance computing (HPC) systems, commonly known as supercomputers....