The Technical Product Manager, Personalized Learning is responsible for the design and management of personalized learning system product development, infrastructure, maintenance, and the management of the Rice Digital Learning and Scholarship (RDLS) center. Current projects include OpenStax Tutor (openstaxtutor.org) and STEMscopes (stemscopes.com).
Computer science or other related field.
May substitute additional related experience, above and beyond what is required, on an equivalent year for year basis in lieu of the education requirement.
- Experience in software development, which includes two years of team management experience.
- Experience with open source development, use of open source projects, complete development life cycle experience (design, development, deployment, maintenance), programming language experience, deployment OS experience.
- Experience with Agile, Kanban or Lean development processes.
May substitute additional related education, above and beyond what is required, on an equivalent year for year basis in lieu of the experience requirement.
Other Skills Required
- Well-organized leader and team player capable of organizing, coordinating, scheduling, and delegating project tasks to a multidisciplinary team.
- Background deploying and maintaining large scale web applications.
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly and implement effectively.
Master's degree in computer science or other related field.
- Product management or design experience with a focus on software products and technologies.
- Experience coordinating, planning, and maintaining technology projects in the K-12 and/or college education spaces.
Project Management Certification.
Other Skills Preferred
- Entrepreneurial drive and demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in an innovative and fast-paced environment.
- Excellent problem-solving, organizational and analytical skills, with the ability to evolve product strategy based on research, data and industry trends.
- Strong technical abilities.
Work long hours on the computer (up to 8 hours or more).
(e.g. Weekend/evening work, travel, inclement weather, hazards)
Week/evening work when necessary.
Salary Commensurate with Experience and Qualifications
Job Posting Category
Eligible for Overtime
Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
Eligible for Shift Differential
Not Shift Differential Eligible
Rice University - 7 months ago
You have to be as wise as an owl to attend Rice University, and have really good SAT scores. Often referred to as the "Ivy League of...