At Expedia, we get the world going by building the world’s largest and most intelligent travel marketplace! On the Expedia Worldwide Engineering team, we are passionate about travel and technology. Every day we get to innovate on web applications that millions of travelers use to plan, book and experience trips they will remember forever.
The Expedia Checkout Team is building the next generation of global checkout functionality that will enhance Expedia’s user experience and make a significant financial impact. We are looking for a great Technical Product Manager (TPM) to define and drive new features. As a TPM on this team, you will work closely with developers, testers and business owners to drive new features from high level concept design to operational delivery. Passion for technology is critical to success, but here at Expedia we also look for people who are excited about applying that passion to address complex business issues. You will get a chance to utilize your critical thinking and technical skills to help directly drive Expedia’s success.
- Work closely with business stakeholders, partners and suppliers to help define product strategy that meets our customers’ needs while satisfying scalability, reliability, performance, and resource constraints
- Gather detailed functional requirements, collaborate with business stakeholders, UI designers, software design engineers, and software testers to identify feature details and document them in a functional specification.
- Work with onshore and offshore developers, testers, and operations during implementation in order to get features released to live site and drive problem resolution once the new feature has gone live.
- Serve as the technical communication focal point between the Checkout business and the development and test teams
- Effectively manage trade-offs between cost/schedule versus customer benefit.
About Expedia, Inc.
- Strong knowledge of the eCommerce space
- Experience working on a transactional website
- Experience working with offshore development teams in an Agile environment
- Strong knowledge of the Scrum methodology
- Ability to creatively solve challenging business/technology problems
- Experience gathering business requirements and turning them into detailed functional design specifications
- Excellent oral/written communication skills
- Proven ability to work cross functionally to drive the implementation of new features as well as resolve operational issues
- Familiarity with web-based product development including tiered architecture, data organization, and performance optimization
- High degree of competency with project management including: issue and risk identification and management, tracking dependencies and milestones, and communication of overall project status
- A degree in technical field or related discipline, preferred
Expedia, Inc. is the world’s leading online travel company, empowering business and leisure travelers with the tools and information they need to easily research, plan, book and experience travel. Expedia, Inc. also provides in-destination concierge service and activity desks for travelers. The Expedia, Inc. portfolio of brands includes: Expedia.com®, hotels.com®, Hotwire®, Egencia™, Expedia Local Expert™, Classic Vacations® and eLong™. Expedia, Inc.’s companies operate more than 50 global points of sale with sites in North America, South America, Latin America, Europe, Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific. Expedia, Inc. is a component of the S&P 500 index. For more information, visit http://www.expediainc.com/ (NASDAQ: EXPE).
This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Expedia - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard
As citizens of Expedia we don’t have a national anthem or a native dish (okay, maybe beer and late-night sliders), but we do have a...