Technical Product Manager
Job ID #: 23411
Company : Expedia, Inc.
Location : USA - MO - Springfield
Functional Area : Technology
Employment Type : Full-Time Regular
Education Required : Not Indicated
Experience Required : Not Indicated
Relocation Provided : Yes
Use your LinkedIn Profile to help you apply faster!
inApply with LinkedInGet hired faster
The online travel market never stands still. At Expedia Affiliate Network, we’re smack in the middle of it.
We’re an entrepreneurial start-up inside the world’s biggest travel company. We create the tools and technology that help millions of travellers find the perfect hotels for their next trips. As the world’s largest and fastest-growing affiliate network ($2 billion in sales and counting), we work with over 10,000 partners in 33 countries to turn their web traffic into hotel bookings and happy customers.
We offer the chance to work with the brightest minds in the travel business in an energetic and international work environment focused on innovation, creative problem-solving and collaboration.
Why build your career at EAN?
We’re re-inventing online travel, one day at a time – it’s an exciting challenge. We’re super-motivated and setting the pace.
We’ve got the scope and the freedom to make a difference. We don’t do ordinary.
We work with some really smart partners – from search marketing whiz kids to the world’s leading airlines and travel agents.
We make a positive impact on how the world’s travelers plan and book their perfect trip. 30,267 times a day, actually.
We’re a team of passionate, hard-working travel enthusiasts. We just love what we do.
We define the questions, not the answers, for an industry that changes every day. Isn’t that cool?
Want to change the way the world travels? Come and join us!
- Define user stories and acceptance criteria, taking into account functional and nonfunctional requirements
- Work with solutions product managers and UI/API designers to understand high level user stories and acceptance criteria
- Work with software design and test engineers to breakdown high level epics into granular user stories
- Own the product backlog and continually improve the process for prioritization
- Fill the backlog with enough well-defined stories for the dev team to work
- Take a holistic approach to user story definition, including things like technical feasibility, resiliency, and information security
- Creatively solve challenging business and technology problems
- Ability to see beyond the requirement and into the need
- An appreciation of what really matters in SCRUM agile
- The courage to prioritize those things that are important rather than those being shouted for the loudest
- A passion for software development
- Always do what's right for our partners
- Experience building applications that consume APIs and having some experience using public APIs is a plus
About Expedia Inc.
Our mission is to revolutionize travel through the power of technology.
Collectively, the Expedia, Inc. brands cover virtually every aspect of researching, planning, and booking travel, from choosing the best airplane seat, to reading personal travel reviews of hotels, to planning what to do in a destination once you arrive. The Expedia, Inc. portfolio serves both leisure and business travelers with tastes and budgets ranging from modest to luxury. Expedia delivers consumer travel demand from nearly every continent to nearly 149,000 hotels and hundreds of airlines, tour operators, car rental companies and destination services supply partners. Please visit http://bit.ly/expediabrands to learn more about our travel brands.
This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.
As citizens of Expedia we don’t have a national anthem or a native dish (okay, maybe beer and late-night sliders), but we do have a...