About the Company:
Just two years since launch, FindTheBest has grown from a small Santa Barbara garage to a 70+ employee company with 25M+ visitors a month, already a quarter the size of Yelp. Everyday, even the newest employees make a giant impact on our millions of users. If you’ve ever dreamed of being an entrepreneur—but want the security of a company built for success—there’s no better place to start your career.
FindTheBest helps people make big decisions. We collect, organize and present data in a consumer-friendly format so our users can pick the best smartphone, college, ski resort (and 800+ others) for them. Many employees specialize in one of 10 broad categories—like travel, sports, health, or education—designing smart filters, colorful visuals, and easy comparison tools to help people decide.
We're backed by two VC firms: Kleiner Perkins Caufield Byers and New World Ventures. Our founder/CEO previously started DoubleClick (sold to Google for $3.1B). Located in Santa Barbara (“Silicon Beach”), we're fast-growing, and best of all, fun. Employees enjoy snacks, a game room, quick access to the beach, and daily classes with a personal trainer. Career opportunities abound for smart students from just about any background, from software engineering to sales to marketing to research and writing.
As a Technical Product Manager, you are responsible for the development, integration, and scaling of our content platform. You will work closely with the product management and engineering teams to design, implement, and test complex technical solutions which optimize how data is retrieved, transformed, stored, presented, and distributed by our platform.
Please include your GPA (cumulative, and Major/Minor) and your graduation date (if still in school) on your resume or cover letter.
- Use ETL (Extract-Transform-Load) software to aggregate data from a variety of sources (government databases, product feeds, third-party API, etc.) and import into internal systems
- Work closely with product managers to perform transformations and analysis on data to create unique, high-value datasets used to build new comparisons
- Assist product managers in database design and creation, indexing and query optimization
- Manage database backup schedules and troubleshoot technical issues
- Contribute to the development of a streamlined data integration and Q/A process across the company
Start Date: Immediately
- High GPA and a rigorous course of study
- Knowledge about Sphinx or Apache Lucene is highly preferred
- Comfort working in a UNIX environment (or excited to learn)
- Data-driven mindset, strong problem solving skills
- Strong interest in technology, especially Big Data, and startups
- A competitive, ethical, and fair personality with a passion to win
Pay: Salary will be based on experience.
Benefits: Paid Time off as well as Health and Dental Insurance. Office snacks and drinks, personal trainer, ping-pong and foosball.
FindTheBest Inc. - 10 months ago