Will work with Product Managers and Engineering Managers, as well as other internal stakeholders, to thoroughly understand the market needs, product features and requirements in order to translate and communicate those requirements to Agile/Scrum development teams. Will also work with the development teams to elaborate those requirements and ensure successful translation into high-quality software.
Will be responsible for the identification, definition, analysis, prioritization and ongoing refinement of product requirements.
Must possess an excellent ability to work cross-functionally (to include Development, PMO, Sales and Professional Services) with internal and external process partners, delivering results in a highly matrixed management structure. Excellent organizational and problem solving skills are essential.
Principal duties and responsibilities:
- Delivers outstanding, high quality products on time, on budget, with delighted customers and a satisfied team.
- Helps shape the product roadmap, defines scope, participates in estimation efforts, and prioritizes initiatives.
- Translates high-level roadmap items/themes/epics into detailed requirements, user stories and designs.
- Collaborates with Scrum Masters to run successful Release Planning and Sprint Planning sessions, as well as Sprint Reviews and Retrospectives.
- Writes and maintains product requirements by performing business analysis, working with other team members to understand use cases, features and domain rules.
- Primary accountability to set development/QA direction; sets priority between features, defects and maintenance work.
- Confirms product functionality delivered by development meets requirements and provides acceptance on behalf of Product Management.
- Represents the interest of Product Management and End Users in the development of the product, helping to shape the look, feel and flow of the software.
- Prioritizes, maintains and grooms the product backlog and release plan.
- Plans, coordinates and approves product releases.
- Drives completion of internal and external release notes.
- Brings requirements to the ‘ready’ state prior to sprint commitments with appropriate documentation and acceptance criteria.
- Works with the Scrum Master, Engineering Manager and team members to improve team efficiency and effectiveness, manages risk, and delivers high value to customers and end users.
- Creates and owns long term plans and budgets, aligning plans with product roadmaps and business requirements.
- Contributes to the development of product management and agile practices at GHX by sharing knowledge.
- Works with Product Management to identify changes to SOW, as needed.
- Updates product fact book information, as necessary.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with the ability to multi-task effectively.
- Excellent problem solving and solution building skills.
- Excellent ability to work cross-functionally with internal and external process partners.
- Possesses a very positive attitude and an ability to work in a dynamic environment.
- User interface design principles and general practices.
- Knowledge of client-side development practices and standards.
- Strong analytical, technical, verbal and written communication skills.
- Marketing/Business aptitude.
- Highly organized with the ability to prioritize and track multiple tasks to successful completion.
- Proficient with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access.
- BA/BS degree or combination of education and equivalent work experience.
- 3 – 5 years’ relevant experience within professional software product development.
- Experience with multiple full project lifecycles, from concept to delivery.
- Direct experience and responsibility for the documentation and ongoing elaboration of software requirements and specifications, to include use cases, user stories, and detailed specifications.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills.
- Proficient with office productivity and project planning tools.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent organization skills; creativity and objective-oriented focus.
- Experience with Scrum and Agile development preferred.
GHX provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. GHX complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
GHX expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of GHX’s employees to perform their expected job duties is absolutely not tolerated.
GHX - 17 months ago