Under the guidance and direction of the Group Product Manager, the Technical Product Manager will be responsible for leading a cross-functional team of technologists, project managers, and usability experts in the design, development, and delivery of product requirements and capabilities. The Technical Product Manager will act as the single point of contact into the Product Team for this cross-functional group.
The Technical Product Manager will represent the needs of our customers and target markets, developing a rich expertise in our target customer’s operation and usage of our products and use this knowledge to define product capabilities and to direct design and development efforts which ensure that our products delight our customers by meeting their needs and delivering added value.
• Translates high-level market requirements into detailed functional requirements and user stories
• Creates and maintains a competitive matrix that reflects the most current state of the competitive landscape
• Assists other members of the product team in the creation and maintenance of product roadmaps that present a plan to position the product for segment leadership
• Co-ordinates roadmap and requirements with other product teams to ensure that dependency relationships are understood and are managed appropriately
• Authors detailed acceptance criteria for user stories, performs product acceptance tests to ensure that coded product meets all criteria and fulfills the need expressed by the market requirement, ensuring customer satisfaction
• Serve as a subject matter expert and process leader to Travelport technical teams ensuring a complete functional definition of the desired user story
• Serve as subject matter expert and process leader to Travelport user experience team to complete wireframes and screen comps that enable functionality in a way that is at once highly usable, aesthetically pleasing, and conforms to style guidelines
• Author users scenarios that accurately and precisely illustrate market problems and desired solution in the context of our customer’s operations
• Presents user scenarios to internal stakeholders
• Coordinate release contents and schedule with development leadership; keep internal & external stakeholders informed of changes to release dates or content
• Ensure adherence to delivery plans and commitments by providing regular status updates on in-flight requirements and product usage
• Respond to requests for ad hoc reports in a timely manner, setting proper expectations for data quality, meaning, and time of delivery
• Create and regularly update dashboards to provide Product Team with clear, concise, insights based on key performance indicators, on a monthly/quarterly basis (with alignment with regions)
• Coordinate with Product Marketing Manager to ensure that release contents are positioned and communicated to stakeholders in a timely and effective manner
• Deliver product information and demonstrations to internal and external stakeholders
• Update product documentation, user help systems, market advisories, and presentations as needed to inform stakeholders of changes made from release to release of the product
• Processes change requests as necessary in order to expedite the delivery to market of critical product functionality
• Conducts regular information exchange sessions with internal stakeholders across the globe
• Manages 1-6 concurrent streams for 1-3 products
• Manages projects within budgets, schedules and corporate requirements
• Ensures that all activities are in compliance with regulatory and legal requirements
• Communication: articulate and able to express complex concepts and requirements in concisely and effectively
• 4+ years’ experience as a Product Manager within Software Technology
• English: fluent, spoken and written (essential)
• Excellent communication skills with a well-developed ability to efficiently and productively communicate both verbally and in writing the meaning of data
• 4 year college degree or equivalent professional experience
• Proven strong analytic, logic, and quantitative skills
• Proficient with Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint including an understanding of Excel charts and pivot table creation and use
• Willing and able to develop a deep understanding of the hotel and travel market, customers, vendors, service providers, users, products, and technology
• Passionate about delivering compelling product to customers
• Ability to work in a cross a cross-cultural, cross functional, matrix organization
• Ability to manage multiple deadlines on a tight schedule.
Travelport is an equal employment employer.
Travelport - 18 months ago
copy to clipboard
Travelport helps people with their journeys, whether it be by land, air, or sea. Through its primary Global Distribution Systems (GDS)...