SUMMARY OF POSITION
Warner Bros. Technical Operations Inc. seeks a Technical Product Manager for the Digital Marketing & Production Services department. This is an opportunity for a highly motivated individual to drive the product direction for applications and platforms which will provide our consumers with visually exciting, highly interactive tools to explore, research, share interests, and ultimately manage their video and media world! The Product Manager will be responsible for product planning, implementation and the ongoing management of these high-profile consumer applications. Under the guidance of the team’s leadership, s/he will manage these products through the full product lifecycle, including gathering and prioritizing product and business requirements, defining and documenting the product vision and, working closely with internal and external resources, delivering a “best of breed” consumer-facing experience.
As a product manager for an entertainment company, all qualified candidates must have prior experience with software applications characterized as being consumer-facing, media-centric, having highly-interactive and engaging user interfaces. Note that this experience could include software product management for Web 2.0 web sites, desktop applications, tablets (e.g., iOS, Android), mobile devices for entertainment, media-streaming devices and/or games development (comparable title might be “producer.”).
- Work closely with business owners to define the overall product strategy and roadmap. Communicate regularly with other WB teams to ensure strategy and roadmap are in sync with related initiatives (e.g. Digital Copy, Commerce, CRM, Loyalty, etc.).
- Determine product features, functionality and drive the creation of a fluid, visually-appealing, interactive, engaging, and yet logical and highly-usable consumer experience (i.e., UI / UX definition). Collaborate with internal and external resources to realize this product vision.
- Identify and communicate development priorities for new features and prepare corresponding justification to gain support from business owners. Work with product management team, marketing staff and engineering team to generate requirement documents for prioritized features and drive implementation.
- Manage and prioritize activities of product team. Working with product management leadership, oversee the product budget and justify expenditures as needed. Drive improvements in the product development process.
- Work with external third parties to review / integrate technologies and help assess “build verses buy decisions.” Where appropriate, negotiate scope, pricing and services.
- Establish and manage reporting and data requirements.
- Monitor competitive trends and track features/functionality of competitive set. Utilize analytical tools, consumer testing, feedback and iterative optimization testing to refine and/or modify features.
- Collaborate with teams across the Warner Bros. organization to leverage the product to meet distribution and expand marketing opportunities.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field, or equivalent work experience.
- MBA a plus.
- 3-5 year’s product management experience for consumer-facing software products with highly interactive, media-centric, engaging, and highly usable UI’s. NOTE: The term “media” can be used loosely and could include, for example, game development where graphic elements are rendered in real-time through a rendering engine.
- Demonstrated success in developing and driving product strategy based on consumer needs and business goals.
- Detailed understanding of, and proven ability to execute, “best of breed” consumer experience.
- Strong technical and project management background with detailed understanding of web, mobile, tablet, and desktop technologies and strategies.
- Previous experience working with publishing tools and analytics. Able to document user requirements and interactions.
- Previous experience working in a fast paced, iterative development cycle.
- Exceptional organizational, prioritization skills, written and oral communication skills.
- Exceptional analytical skills. Able to strategically interpret data and metrics and develop actionable recommendations.
- Able to work in a matrix organization and partner successfully with teams across the organization. Able to network effectively and leverage internal and external resources.
- Excellent workflow and people management skills.
- Experience working with Agile/Scrum methodology is a plus.
- Detailed understanding of video playback and DRM technologies is ideal but not required.
Warner Bros. Entertainment Group - 12 months ago