The Technical Production Manager will provide front-line management of operational, technical and production support for MSNBC’s programming throughout all steps of the production process. Coordinate all technical and logistical requirements prior to air and then in the control rooms to ensure that all technical aspects of the production go as planned.
• Booking and scheduling of facility and manpower resources including field crews, edit rooms, control rooms and production studios.
• Coordinate and communicate with remote origination locations to ensure technical quality and readiness for air
• Ensure efficient utilization of company resources within a fast paced rapidly changing news environment
• Work with other NBC entities, outside broadcasters and vendors to identify, negotiate for and secure required resources.
• Work closely with finance managers in preparation of show and/or facility budgets, including expense reporting.
• Assist in the strategic financial planning process and the development and tracking of short and long term budgets.
• Coordinate with other NBC entities, including NBC News, NBC NewsChannel, CNBC and broadcast and cable affiliates in cross programming and simulcast initiatives
• Maintain technical and broadcast quality
• Work closely with engineering to insure all equipment is meeting clients expectations.
• Responsible for compliance with all applicable company policies.
• Minimum of 3 years of experience in live, studio television production.
• Minimum of 2 years of experience working in a News environment
• Minimum of 2 years experience in engineering support and operational experience in broadcast studio and production control room.
• Minimum of 1 year of experience with field/remote production processes and equipment (including satellite/telco and communications).
• Must understand digital production and file based workflows in FCP environment.
• Must have proficient computer skills, including Apple, Outlook, MS Word, Excel.
• Must have strong administrative and organizational skills
• Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV through nbcunicareers.com to be considered
• Willingness to travel and work overtime, and on weekends with short notice
• Must be willing to work in New York
• Must be willing to work all shifts, including weekends and overnights
• Must be willing to work additional hours beyond scheduled shift with little or no notice
• Must be willing to take drug test and submit to a background investigation
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Bachelors Degree.
• Work well under pressure, including tight deadlines.
• Clear communication skills with the ability to be effective across diverse groups throughout the company and external vendors.
• Strong interpersonal skills.
• Excellent troubleshooting and problem resolution skills.
• Ability to work in fast-paced, team oriented environment and manage multiple tasks simultaneously
Apply to job
Send to friend
Save to cart
NBC Universal - 23 months ago