Title of Job: Technical Professional Services Consultant
Role Located in : Okta Headquarters (San Francisco, CA)
Reports to : Director of Professional Services
Company Description : Okta is the market leading on-demand identity and access management service that enables enterprises to accelerate the secure adoption of their web based applications, both in the cloud and behind the firewall. Okta delivers a complete solution addressing the needs of IT, end users,
and business leaders; no customization required.
With a catalog of pre-integrated applications and deep integration with Active Directory, Okta provides IT centralized user provisioning, access management, and reporting. Every end user gets a personalized, single sign-on home page for all of their applications, and business leaders get the insight they need to
maximize ROI and track compliance.
Okta’s initial service is built on a secure, reliable and extensible on-demand platform that will serve as the foundation upon which a core set of services will be delivered to eliminate cloud adoption barriers and unlock the potential of the cloud for enterprises everywhere.
The Okta team has built, deployed, and supported market leading, on-demand and enterprise software solutions from companies including Salesforce.com, SuccessFactors, PeopleSoft, Microsoft, Sun, and HP. Okta is backed by premiere venture investors Andreessen Horowitz, Greylock Partners, Khosla
Ventures and FLOODGATE.
The Technical Consultant will be responsible for providing excellent implementation and deployment services to our customers. We are looking for an experienced, enthusiastic and hands-on implementation leader who can rapidly learn the Okta value proposition and apply to customers of all sizes. The candidate is responsible for leading multiple concurrent customer deployment projects to ensure long-term customer success. The candidate is responsible for collaborating with the Customer Support team to assure a smooth transition post-deployment to the support/maintenance phase. The candidate is also responsible for the continuous improvement of delivery processes and methods. This role will report to Director of Professional Services.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work hands on with Okta customers, primarily in a post-sales role, to provide innovative consulting and deployment services.
- Gather, analyze, and document post-sales requirements.
- Communicate to customers and partners aspects of both the Okta service and deployment at the technical and/or functional level appropriate for the situation.
- Be proactive in providing outstanding design and deployment services resulting in outstanding customer satisfaction.
- Be prompt and provide high quality service and leadership to align with customer goals and requests.
- Manage project scope, schedule, status, and documentation.
- Mentor and train customers on the Okta service.
- Act as a liaison between Customers and Product Management to drive product development.
- Lead interaction and collaboration with other Okta teams such as Engineering and Support as needed to address escalated issues.
- Interact with all levels of management and roles within the customer organization and Okta.
- Collaborate with the sales team on existing customers up-sell and cross-sell opportunities.
- Perform hands on design, configuration, and troubleshooting of the Okta service.
- Shape and Influence Okta’s growth and scalability, by designing new offerings, and finding new ways to deliver amazing customer satisfaction
- Manage multiple concurrent deployment projects.
- May provide mentoring, guidance, and expertise to less experienced team members.
- Ensure quality and time management processes are followed by team (e.g., change controls, time tracking).
- Contribute to and use knowledge repository of deployment best practices and other customer ideas which can continually
- enhance the Okta platform and repeatability of service delivery.
Minimum REQUIRED Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- 5+ experience designing and implementing security and identity solutions to support mission critical and business programs.
- Experience with technologies and protocols to support identity federation and robust access control models (e.g., SAML 2.0, XACML, WS-Federation, WS-Trust, OAuth, OpenID).
- Knowledge of enterprise web technologies, security and cutting-edge infrastructures.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively supporting the development of client deliverables.
- General knowledge of cloud architecture as well as on-premise IT landscape.
- Broad knowledge and experience in Identity and Access Management (IAM) and Security space preferred.
- AD and LDAP experience is strongly preferred.
- SaaS experience: Salesforce, Netsuite, Workday preferred.
- 2+ years of SaaS deployment experience is strongly preferred.
- 2+ years of application programming experience is strongly preferred.
- Project Management experience is a plus.
- Multi-tasking ability is a must.
- Comfortable and willing to be a hands-on contributor.
- Excellent communication skills, including issue tracking, triaging and crisis management.
- Experience in Process Improvement, Decision Making, Managing Processes, Planning, Analyzing Information and Developing Standards.
- Exhibits confidence and an extensive knowledge of emerging industry practices when solving business problems.
- Identifies critical issues with ease.
- Pushes creative thinking beyond the boundaries of existing industry practices and customer mindsets.
Team and Customer Interaction
- Communicates with internal and external customers and all levels of management.
- Effectively communicate technical information to non-technical audiences.
- Delivers informative, well-organized presentations.
- Understands how to communicate difficult/sensitive information tactfully.
- Facilitates effective team interaction.
- Communicates effectively with customers to identify needs and evaluate alternative technical solutions with customers.
- Continually seeks opportunities to increase customer satisfaction and deepen client relationships.
- Manages client expectations effectively.
Education, Training and Certification
A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related discipline required.
Okta - 2 years ago