We are looking for a Technical Program Manager to work with cutting edge technology and be a part of the AWS Cloud Security. team. The ideal candidate has strong problem-solving skills, excellent communication skills, the ability to influence people from customers to managers by creating a win-win solutions, and the desire to be an individual contributor to securing Amazon's next generation technology. Joining the Amazon Web Services IT Security team provides the unique challenge and opportunity to build systems at the cutting edge of the cloud. The ideal candidate will draw upon exemplary project management, critical thinking, problem solving skills, and a passion for creating reliable and maintainable systems. The candidate should be open to new challenges, extremely good at multi-tasking, innovative, creative, self-directed and a great team player. Candidates should drive continuous process improvement, and collaborate effectively with aggressive cross-functional business and software development teams to solve problems and implement new solutions. The TPM will interact with a broad cross section of the Amazon organization spanning a wide range of technologies.
For more information on Amazon Web Services please visit: http://aws.amazon.com/
- Drive the entire product lifecycle: requirements definition through specification, design, coding, quality assurance, implementation, integration, launch, and production support
- Create, maintain and oversee statements of work, master services agreements and contracts for various security projects
- Clarify and drive project commitments as well as establish and maintain clear chains of accountability
- Address bottlenecks, provide escalation management, anticipate and make tradeoffs, balance the business needs versus technical constraints, and encourage risk-taking behavior to maximize business benefit
- Tackle configuration and debugging tasks through issue isolation and deductive reasoning
- Understand service interdependencies and drive towards technical solutions for multi-tiered systems
- Work well with product managers to establish and maintain our roadmap, setting appropriate. expectations, and insuring our products and services meet our high operational excellence standards
- Partner with multiple teams across multiple locations with varying sets of priorities to ensure a timely delivery of the product
- Mentor junior employees and build effective teams
- Please email AWS Recruiter, Kelly O'mara (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you have questions.*
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field Minimum of 8 years of industry experience in software engineering, with a record of successful delivery of software systems as an individual/team leader and technical contributor An entrepreneurial spirit with the ability to drive innovation independently Minimum of 8 years of experience with software processes (development, configuration, testing, and deployment) and with defining product roadmaps based on customer needs and strategic direction Minimum of 3 years of experience implementing information security solutions at scale and threat intelligence analysis
Passion to make things better and resourceful, solutions based approach to achieve it Effective written and oral communication with multiple levels of leadership involving both business and technical sides of the business Ability to able to credibly coordinate between technical teams and business stakeholders Synthesize requirements underlying feature requests, recommend alternative technical and business approaches, and lead engineering efforts to meet aggressive timelines. This will include writing detailed functional and test specification, coordinating efforts to scope, schedule, and deploy new features Maturity, judgment, negotiation/influence skills, analytical skills, and leadership skills Familiarity with web services, multi-tiered systems, workflow modeling and enterprise application integration Intermediate knowledge of computer networking concepts and business approaches, and lead engineering efforts to meet aggressive timelines (writing detailed functional and test specification, coordinating efforts to scope, schedule, and deploy new features *Please email AWS Recruiting Lead, Kelly O'Mara, if you have any questions ( email@example.com )*
Amazon strives to be Earth's most customer-centric company where people can find and discover virtually anything they want to buy online. By...