The Amazon Robotics team is responsible for delivering the future of Amazon Fulfillment Systems via integration with Kiva Systems software. The Fulfillment Center of the future will blend Kivaâ€™s innovative material handling software and robotics with Amazonâ€™s massive scale, delivering important cost reduction for the company. Amazon Robotics TPMs manage some of the the largest and most impactful projects in the company. The challenge and the opportunity are huge.
We are looking for folks with experience managing large, complex, cross functional projects. You may be a fit for this job if you have experience as a software engineer, understand service oriented architecture, and have experience delivering software that scales. Success in this role requires keen judgment and ability to drive tough decision making across a distributed organization, balancing core business goals, technical implications, and time to market.
This multi-year program is a fantastic opportunity for the right person. We are defining the future of ecommerce fulfillment, while delivering incredible value for Amazon.
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field
- Experience managing multiple large, cross functional projects in a matrixed organization
- Understanding of service oriented architecture
- Maturity, judgment, negotiation/influence skills, analytical skills, leadership skills essential to successful program/project management
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to drive tough decision making, balancing business goals, technical implications, and time to market
- Ability to work independently, excellent problem solving skills
- Proven results-oriented person with a focus on delivery
- Prior experience as a software development engineer or development manager
- Prior experience in Operations Research
- Prior experience in Robotics, mechanical engineering, or controls engineering
Amazon’s mission is to be Earth’s most customer-centric company where people can find and discover anything they want to buy...