Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile, portable, hand-held consumer electronics products, like the Kindle Fire. The products we design and engineer are easy-to-use and offer users benefits that are only made possible through tightly integrated digital technologies and wireless connectivity.
As a Technical Program Manager Intern you will engage with an experienced cross-disciplinary staff to conceive, design and bring to market innovative consumer products.
- Work with key stakeholders in product management and executive teams to define strategy and requirements.
- Lead cross functional development on new technology from design through delivery.
- Work with remote teams to deliver supporting software and services in sync with their launch timelines
- Communicate regularly with senior management on status, risks and change control.
- Pursuing a Bachelor or Masters degree with a technical discipline, or equivalent experience required.
- 1-3 years of relevant work experience in technical program / project management in a mobile consumer electronics environment.
- Experience with mobile application development, frameworks or distributed systems (cloud/server platform) engineering teams
- Experience defining projects, collecting requirements, writing detailed functional and test specifications, coordinating efforts to scope, schedule, and deploy new features sets.
- Experience analyzing cost/benefit of feature selection.
- Experience with agile software development methodologies.
Lab126, part of the Amazon.com, Inc. group of companies, is an equal opportunity employer.
- MS or advanced technical degree desired.
- Ideal candidate is a creative leader with superior analytical abilities.
- Excellent technical, problem-solving, and communication skills.
- Cross-team coordination and executive presentation skills are essential.
- Product development / engineering experienced desired.
- Knowledge of hardware development process and lifecycle is a plus.
Lab126 - 19 months ago