Audible (a wholly owned subsidiary of Amazon) is looking for a Technical Program Manager, to provide technical and organizational leadership in driving customer facing technology programs from concept to launch, in the Audible family of online retail stores.
As a TPM at Audible,
- Work closely with business to ensure that business requirements are translated to technology requirements and subsequently drive the execution (plan, coordinate, manage) of software development projects from design through successful deployment.
- Work with cross functional teams – technology, business, marketing and operations to manage multiple projects that have conflicting needs / priorities, using an Agile development framework, from concept to launch.
- Work with technical astuteness, and be proactive in seeking opens in the projects and drive subsequent closure.
- Communicate project risks, progress, launches and retrospectives across all stakeholders and teams – consistently and transparently.
- Strive constantly to improve and establish a new bar in performance (using objective metrics) in project execution.
Become part of this unique opportunity to make history, defining the evolution of next growth phase of Audible and taking us to the next level in the digital media.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or related field
- 4+ years experience of software development and deployment of distributed multi-tier applications.
- 2+ years experience managing agile software projects across multiple and geographically distributed teams.
- Ability to plan and manage cross functional software projects, in an agile environment.
- Detailed oriented to ensure that project success is paramount.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills and out of the box thinker.
- Self-starter with the ability to multi-task and work in a very fast paced environment
- Be able to thrive in an ambiguous environment - where change is the only constant.
- Results oriented and with a strong customer focus.
- Be able to disagree, yet align, when dealing with different stakeholders.
Special Technology Used:
- Prior experience in building service oriented (SOA) distributed systems
- Prior experience in building web based systems using Java/J2EE, Apache Tomcat.
- Adept at usage of various tools such as Microsoft Project.
Certified Scrum Master is a plus.
Amazon.com - 22 months ago