EchoStar Corporation (NASDAQ: SATS) is a premier global provider of satellite operations and video delivery solutions. EchoStar’s wholly-owned subsidiary, Hughes, is the world's leading provider of satellite broadband services, delivering network technologies and managed services for enterprise and government customers in more than 100 countries.
Headquartered in Englewood, CO, with additional business units world-wide, EchoStar is a multiple Emmy award-winning company that has pioneered advancements in the set-top box and satellite industries for over 30 years, consistently delivering value for customers, partners and investors through innovation and outstanding quality. For more than three decades, EchoStar’s contribution to video technology continues to have a major influence on the way consumers view, receive and manage TV programming.
Among the many offerings of this combined powerhouse in broadband data and video are HughesNet®, the market's #1 high-speed satellite Internet service; Sling Media's award-winning SlingLoaded® technology; Move Networks' adaptive bit-rate streaming technology; and Troppus’ software suite that combines a Client Application, an Agent Application and a powerful Semantic Knowledge Management System.
The Technical Project Lead provides leadership, project management, and technical expertise throughout the Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC); ensuring quality and consumer readiness of EchoStar’s products, as a member of the Test, Support, and Integration (TSI) organization.
- Provides leadership, guidance, and mentoring to the Program/Project Team consisting of cross-functional TSI resources in the successful completion of project objectives, requirements and deliverables, and the achievement of key milestone and production dates.
- Utilizes systems thinking to proactively identify the proper course of action, integration, and product success. As such, utilize and enhance technical skills in order to plan and manage highly technical, end-to-end, telecommunications programs.
- Builds relationships and collaborates with intra- and inter-department resources and stakeholders throughout the Software Test Life Cycle, and maintains the project’s Single Point of Contact for TSI. As such, acts as the consumer advocate regarding product and service quality.
- Utilizes sound project management practices throughout the STLC phases of the program/project including but not limited to:
- STLC entry and exit criteria determination
- resource requirements, training, and management;
- requirements and functionality analysis;
- risk, issue, and change management;
- test strategy/plan development;
- test environment determination and establishment;
- test case/procedure development;
- test execution;
- defect analysis and reporting;
- project closure.
- Adheres to all Portfolio Management Office (PMO) processes and practices, and applies appropriate tailoring.
- Ensures product and process quality assurance through the attainment and evaluation of data (product deliverables and process outcomes), and implements timely and appropriate corrective/preventive actions required to achieve product readiness and improve process capabilities.
- Provides timely and succinct project information to stakeholders such as test status and defect reporting; and ensures appropriate escalation of issues.
- Prepares for and provides effective and timely reporting on project, risk, and issue status to the PMO; and provides verbal reporting for feedback and course correction to the TSI Steering Committee.
- Conducts Root Cause Analysis on process or product failures, and owns the Corrective/Preventive Action Plan through closure.
- Identifies improvements to the STLC processes, and drives implementation and standardization of processes in coordination with the PMO.
- Provides functional management with team member performance feedback including results, strengths, and areas needing development.
- BS Degree and 5 years of Program/Project Management Experience, or 10 years of Program/Project Management experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- 5 years of demonstrated knowledge of software development life cycle, software testing methods, and change management practices and tools
- 3 years of experience in leading projects in a cross-functional/matrixed environment
- 3 years of demonstrated experience in problem solving; root cause analysis; and data gathering, analysis, and reporting within a systems/software quality assurance discipline
- BS Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a related engineering field of study
- MS/MBA Degree and 5+ years of experience as a Program/Project Manager
- 10+ years of experience in Program/Project Management including SDLC, STLC, and PM tools
- PMP Certification
- CMMI and/or ISO 9001 experience
- Continuous improvement methodologies such as Six Sigma, Lean, or TQM
- Experience in Digital Media and/or Consumer Electronics industry
- Medical, Health Savings Account, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Flexible spending options and Employee Assistance Plan
- 401(k) and Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Referral Program
- Training Opportunities
- FREE DISH Network Satellite TV System and Programming
- FREE Hughes Network Service
- 50% Discounts on Sling technology and service
- Corporate discounts for retail and personal travel
- Opportunity for a level of responsibility that could take years to reach in other companies
EchoStar is an EEO employer (M/F/D/V)
EchoStar Corporation (EchoStar) operates two primary business units: Digital Set-Top Box business and Satellite Services business. Digital...