The Louis Berger Group, Inc., a top 25 ENR firm, with offices globally is a multidisciplinary program and construction management, construction inspection, architecture, engineering, planning, federal contracting, and environmental consulting firm with rewarding opportunities available in various locations throughout the USA.
The project manager will assist with the solicitation review, proposal development, and implementation and execution of the site development for prime power and energy projects. Typical Duties and Responsibilities include:
Serve as home based office (Washington, DC) project manager for individual delivery orders, which includes:
Developing scopes of work for subcontractors.
Tracking incurred costs against baseline budget (Earned Value Management)
Drafting RFIs to client during project implementation
Monitoring and maintaining project schedules
Liaising between field staff and US-based contracting officer to resolve concerns during project implementation
Other project management duties as required
Responsible for project cost estimating and bid preparation in response to RFPs, which includes:
Developing cash flow analyses in support of corporate Go/No-Go procedures.
Drafting risk analyses reports in support of corporate Go/No-Go procedures as required.
Maintaining cost database to assure cost accuracy and to ensure compliance with corporate policies.
Developing implementation plans and project schedules.
Serving as technical lead
Developing staffing plans
Drafting RFIs to client with respect to RFPs
Establishing relationship with and interfacing with client to resolve concerns during proposal phase and project implementation
Reports to Operations Manager and Sr. VP. Perform other duties as assigned.
- Attend and participate in conferences with Corps of Engineers’ Division and Districts, Arm Installations, and other federal and state agencies in connection with assigned prime power and energy program. Collect information regarding future power plans requirements and funding. Consult with and coordinate activities with representatives of industry and federal agencies on plans and requirements, new developments, and methods to accomplish identified prime power program requirements.
- Travel to remote and austere areas to lead the mobilization effort of specific projects. The PM will be responsible for planning, scheduling, and monitoring the installation/construction progress of the site development, procurement and logistics, thus serving as a single POC for the client. Monitor dollar amount utilization of the projects.
- Plan, coordinate, evaluate and review all phases of project control including the interpretation of and compliance with criteria, regulations, policies, and procedures, design and construction authorization and directives, availability and proper application and allocation of funds, and coordination of changes and additions on assigned projects.
- Make a continuing review and studies of incoming project planning, execution and related material and prime power program activities and keep currently informed on all phases of planning and execution. Justify plans, actions and recommendations, and furnish and obtain information regarding planning, funding progress reports, direction and execution of projects.
- Prepare correspondence to higher management and field offices and other subcontractors concerning planning, direction, and execution of work. Review correspondence and special periodic reports prepared by others.
- Collect project execution data from site managers. Confirms the relevancy, and instruct the proper placement of this data for use in estimating cost and production rates for future projects.
- Recommend cost effective means of collecting data from the field and means of categorizing this data to ensure proper application to future projects. Engineering support is provided by others for technical aspects of this effort.
o Four-year engineering degree required (E.E. preferred, M.E. acceptable). Advanced degree preferred. Professional registration is preferred
o 10 years of professional experience with at least four years of project management experience. Experience in managing medium to large scale electrical projects
o Experienced in managing a technical staff , inspectors and support personnel
o Willingness to travel internationally at least 25% of time
o Hands on experience and thorough understanding of power generation, electrical distribution, switchboards, panel-boards, power circuit breakers, power meters, transformers, and other electrical equipment required.
o Can read and interpret specifications, schematics and one-line diagrams.
o Experienced working in international work environments
o Proactive nature and strong interpersonal skills in collaborating, communicating and working with (1) other senior Berger/Cummins managers and staff (to include Home Office management team), (2) Local and International subcontractors; (3) Army Corps of Engineers military representatives; and (4) local officials as required
o Travel: Travel to Iraq and Afghanistan and other remote areas.
Applicants must state in their applications whether they have current eligibility to work in the US. Applications without this information will not be considered.
Preference will be given to candidates living in the proximity of the proposed work location.
To apply, please visit http://careers.louisberger.com/resume/curr_job_list.php, and apply by selecting the job(s) you are interested in, then clicking the link and following instructions.
Please have your resume ready to upload, formatted as a .doc, .rtf. or .pdf with your name and no other characters in the filename. Other formats will not upload correctly to the candidate database on www.louisberger.com .
Please include salary history/requirements when responding. The Louis Berger Group, Inc. offers a competitive compensation package including Medical & Dental plans, Life Insurance, Cafeteria Plan, Dependent Care, 401K with match, Paid Vacation and Holidays.
The Louis Berger Group, Inc - 13 months ago
The Louis Berger Group provides civil, structural, mechanical, electrical, and environmental engineering services for commercial and...