Printpack’s Rigid Plastic Division is seeking a qualified candidate to fill the position of Technical Project Manager I in Product Development department. This position will be located in Williamsburg, VA and report to the Product Development Manager.
· Bachelors Degree in Engineering, Science, Chemistry, Polymers or Packaging
· Minimum of five years of industry relevant product development experience is required
· Seven plus years of industry relevant product development experience is preferred.
· Prior product development experience with thermoformed plastics containers for food applications is highly preferred.
Customer Responsibility and Interaction Requirements:
· Responsible for large customer or multiple customers with complex projects
· Management of the technical relationship with the customer with minimum supervision
· Ability to communicate with multiple levels of the customer’s organization
· Appropriately partners with sales associate/account manager to define account strategy
· Support quality complaint resolution, including but not limited to determination of root cause, corrective actions, and leading the effort to resolve the issues at the customer
· Work with customer’s process engineers and manufacturing associates to facilitate product improvements/optimization, act as primary technical advocate for the customer internally and externally
· Evaluation of both new and existing materials for various applications, ensuring compliance of those materials with various international regulatory groups, understanding of food types and conditions of use.
· Involvement with new technologies and their application to both existing and potential new products and markets
· Understanding of food processing effects on rigid plastic container performance
· Responsible for the technical aspects of costing new and existing products, active participant in the commercial and strategic decisions on pricing of new products or changes to existing products
· Work with Printpack process engineers and manufacturing associates to support optimization/improvements/changes to existing products
· High level and breadth of cross-functional awareness and commercial knowledge
Project Management Requirements:
· Demonstrated ability to initiate and manage multiple projects with minimal supervision
· Lead internal/external resources to efficiently prioritize and manage projects to completion
· Facilitate product transition from development through scale-up and transfer to a commercial item, provide post commercialization support, evaluate actual product performance vs. assumptions after launch
· Understand and use statistical methods to analyze data from trials, draw conclusions, and propose next steps in development process
Additional qualification and skills
- Information Gathering/Problem Analysis
- Cross Functional Awareness
- Technical Skill and Competence
- Management Control
- Customer Service Orientation
- Commercial Orientation
- Concern for Excellence
- Oral/Written Communication
Printpack Inc - 12 months ago