Technical Project Manager III
Req #: 23055
Category: Project Management
Rackspace® (NYSE: RAX) is the global leader in hybrid cloud and founder of OpenStack®, the open-source operating system for the cloud. Hundreds of thousands of customers look to Rackspace to deliver the best-fit infrastructure for their IT needs, leveraging a product portfolio that allows workloads to run where they perform best—whether on the public cloud, private cloud, dedicated servers, or a combination of platforms. The company's award-winning Fanatical Support® helps customers successfully architect, deploy, and run their most critical applications. Headquartered in San Antonio, TX, Rackspace operates data centers on four continents. Rackspace is featured on Fortune's list of 100 Best Companies to Work For.
Overview & Responsibilities
Do you want to manage projects for the world’s largest open cloud? Do you love technology and helping teams ship groundbreaking products? We want your passion for technology and organizational skills to help drive projects for cloud products.
In a typical day, you will:
- Work with Product, Software Development and Quality Engineering teams to resolve any business or technical impediments affecting project delivery.
- Help teams develop and drive a plan with well-defined milestones. Ensure proper project status is maintained and communicated to all stakeholders.
- Interface with all areas affected by the project, including end users and other internal groups to coordinate project activities.
- Help teams increase efficiency by identifying bottlenecks, eliminating redundancy and tailoring SDLC processes to fit their needs.
- 5 or more years of work experience in the technology industry, in project management, technical leadership and/or technical contributor roles.
- Ability to lead cross functional teams and coordinate communication and activities across multiple groups.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills. Ability to keep track of multiple projects in various stages of the SDLC.
Rockstar (Preferred) Qualifications:
- 4 or more years working on software development projects in a technical or supporting roles, e.g. program/project management, technical leadership or technical contributor (software engineering, quality assurance).
- Experience working with teams using a variety of software development lifecycle methodologies and processes, including Scrum, Kanban and other Agile methods.
- Experience working with remote or distributed teams.
- Experience working with Open Source software development processes and community interaction.
- Management Information Systems degree, Computer Science degree or equivalent experience.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy: Rackspace is committed to offering equal employment opportunity without regard to age, color, disability, gender, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, military status, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain or to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of the employee assigned to this job.
Already a Racker? Head to our Racker Portal to log in with SSO.
Apply for this job
Refer a friend to this job
Not ready to apply? Connect with us.
Socialize this job opportunity to a friend, colleague, or family member:
Go back to the welcome page
Need further assistance?
Rackspace - 30+ days ago
Rackspace Hosting is fanatically focused on hosting services, but also has its head in the clouds. The company provides a range of Web...