This position will be located at the U.S. Army Medical Research and Material Command (USAMRMC), Telemedicine and Advanced Technology Research Center (TATRC), Advanced Information Technology Group (AITG), Fort Detrick, MD. The position requires an ADP IT Level II background and U.S. Citizenship.
AITG conducts advanced Research and Development (R&D) in Health Information Technology (HIT) for the Military Healthcare System (MHS), with special emphases on support for the Electronic Health Record (EHR) systems. Mobile applications EHR support is a growing field requiring a specialized Technical Project Manager with experience in the mobile space supporting the iOS , Android and Windows Mobile OS platforms.
Telemedicine and Advanced Technology Research Center (TATRC) is a subordinate element of the U.S. Army Medical Research and Materiel Command (USAMRMC) and is charged with managing the USAMRMC's core and congressionally mandated projects in telemedicine and advanced medical technologies. TATRC maintains a productive mix of partnerships with other federal, academic, and commercial organizations. Additionally, TATRC provides short duration, technical support to domestic, Federal and Defense agencies; develops, evaluates, and demonstrates new technologies and concepts; and conducts market surveillance with a focus on leveraging emerging technologies in healthcare and healthcare support. TATRC's activities make medical care and services more accessible to soldiers, reduce costs, and enhance the overall quality of healthcare in both war and peacetime environments.
The Technical Project Manager will provide a technical project management service for managing the modification and new development efforts of numerous large scale software development efforts. Tasks shall include, but are not limited to:
- Plans, coordinates, and manages all aspects of complex information technology projects.
- Responsible to maintain project specific documents related to the organization’s joint project. Documentation shall include, but not limited to business plans, project plans, sub project plans, charters, budget and official messages related to all projects.
- Develops and maintains project work breakdown structure (WBS), tracking task status and completion for individual projects, maintaining the project documentation within the established documentation repository.
- Prepares and presents status on project schedules, project costs, project deliverables, project risks, and risk containment strategies.
- Provides supervisory, technical, and administrative direction to staff.
- Assists in planning, organizing, directing, coordinating, and evaluating the work of personnel in charge of task orders and/or integrated project teams.
- Provide briefings and updates to members of the team and oversight groups, relating to pertinent updates, status of progress and development as well as challenges to specific project tasks.
- Coordinate meetings and information sharing between local and national partners involved in the project. This coordination shall involve setting up conferences, phone meetings and video teleconferences for the personnel involved in the project.
- Coordinate deployment and implementation, as well as training related to the products and services developed during the course of this project.
- Use skills in communications and human relations to provide support as needed to related project tasks and events.
- Provide a weekly activity report outlining work accomplished along with goals and encountered problems.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education / Certifications:
Knowledge and Experience:
- Master’s of Science Degree in Computer Science, Information Management, a related field or documented relevant experience may be substituted for the Master’s Degree.
- Five (5) years or more experience managing large software development projects with extensive experience in Functional requirements specifications, Software Design documentation and software test plan generation.
- Five (5) years or more experience supporting software development projects utilizing Microsoft Project, Visio and Microsoft Office.
- Knowledge and experience is full lifecycle software development and maintenance of Information Management and Information Technology Programs with heavy emphasis on Object-Orientation, .Net Foundation frameworks and Visual Studio Team System Development, and administration.
- Knowledge and experience working with the Military Healthcare System (MHS) and its network.
- Knowledge and experience working with secure Web-based application.
- Knowledge and experience working with Information management (IM) Information Assurance requirements.
- Project Management: Microsoft Project Manager 97/2003.
- System Architecture and Entity Modeling- Visual Studio Architecture edition: Visio 2003.