MakerBot is looking for a Technical Project Manager who has professional experience managing software projects. The right person is a strong team player and is used to working in a fast-paced environment.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Supervise software projects with tight deadlines
- Create detailed project plans and report on progress
- Effectively communicate with Product Managers and Software Engineers
- Create precise and appropriate technical documentation
- Lead meetings across teams
- Anticipate risks and provide mitigation strategies
- 2+ years experience managing software projects
- Experience with project management techniques including risk management
- Experience with project management tools such as MS Project and Pivotal Tracker
- Proven experience with change management
- Experience managing people in a technical environment
- Software development experience or similar
- Quality Assurance or Testing background
- The candidate must live in the New York City metropolitan area and work on site. Relocation will not be available for this position. In addition, the candidate must be completely available to work in the US. No visa assistance or visa processing will be provided.
Founded in 2009, Brooklyn-based MakerBot has grown to be a global leader in desktop 3D printing. MakerBot had 16 percent market share of all 3D printers (industrial and personal) made from 2009 to the end of 2011. In 2011, MakerBot had 21.6 percent market share. In 2012, MakerBot estimates that it now has a 25 percent market share of the 3D printer market. There are more than 15,000 MakerBot Desktop 3D Printers in use by engineers, designers, researchers, and people who just like to make things. The MakerBot Replicator Desktop 3D Printer has been named Popular Mechanics “Overall Winner” for best 3D printer and was honored as one of Time Magazine's Best Inventions of 2012. In addition, MakerBot was named “Best Emerging Tech” at the 2012 Consumer Electronics Show, won Popular Mechanics Editor's Choice Award, the Popular Science Product of the Year, and recently was awarded the Fast Company 2012 Innovation by Design Award as well as being named by Fast Company as “One of the World's Top 10 Most Innovative Companies in Consumer Electronics.” And MakerBot was recently awarded a TechCrunch Crunchies Award for best hardware start-up. The company has been featured in The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, the Economist, Wired, The Colbert Report, Fast Company, Engadget, Make: Magazine, Rolling Stone, Time.com, IEEE Spectrum, CNN, Financial Times, NPR, Vogue Italia and many others.
Makerbot Industries - 22 months ago
What’s it like to work at MakerBot?
Are you interested in joining a collaborative, creative environment where innovation and hard...