We are seeking a Technical Project Manager that possesses strong project management experience and demonstrated technical expertise as it relates to business missions, specifically in a systems engineering environment. Candidate will directly support the customer’s senior management by providing enterprise project management, developing technical business proposals, business cases/analysis, etc. Typical areas of technical expertise should encompass one or more of the following:
Requirements include, but are not limited to:
- Microsoft platform engineering (e.g. Exchange, AD, SharePoint, SQL, etc)
- Citrix, VMware, and other virtualization technologies
- Unified communications
- Enterprise Management Systems
Desired Skills and Certifications:
- Minimum of 5 years technical project management experience
- Experience developing project plans, alternatives analysis, business case analysis / justification.
- Previous experience with Project Management in a large organization dealing with diverse groups.
- Technical knowledge of Enterprise Application / Platform solutions
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project)
- Effective verbal and written communications, including preparing and delivering presentations to senior management.
- Experience proactively managing and identifying project scope, potential risks and create contingency plans with team leaders.
- Demonstrated ability to monitor project progress to ensure project goals and objectives are met within the prescribed timeframe and budget parameters; Experience developing progress and status reports for upper level management regarding active projects.
- Experience with complete project lifecycle process from estimating to execution (strategy, inception, budgeting, development, quality assurance, and delivery).
- Experience creating feasibility/ROI studies for projects that include timeframe, resource requirements, and procedures to accomplish the project, estimated expense and justification of technology recommendations.
- Ability to coordinate request for changes from original project scope. Updates and distributes all pertinent documentation.
- PMP and/or ITIL certification