Title: Technical Project Manager
Location: United States-Georgia-Atlanta
Job Number: 12010954
Xerox Corporation is a$22 billion leading global enterprise for business process and documentmanagement. Through its broad portfolio of technology and services, Xerox provides the essential back-office support thatclears the way for clients to focus on what they do best: their real business. Headquartered in Norwalk, Conn., Xerox provides leading-edge document technology, services, software and genuine Xerox supplies for graphic communication and office printing environments of any size. Xerox also offers extensive business process outsourcing and IT outsourcing services, including data processing, HR benefits management, finance support, and customer relationship management services for commercial and government organizations worldwide
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
May perform one or more of the following:
Scope- Receives assignments in the form of objectives and determines how to use resources to meet schedules and goals. Provides guidance to subordinates within the latitude of established company policies. Recommends changes to policies and establishes procedures that affect immediate organization(s).
- Manages people for programs or projects involving department or cross-functional teams focused on the delivery of projects and/or programs into a finished state
- Plans and directs schedules as well as project budgets
- Monitors the program/project from initiation through delivery, interfacing with customers or department personnel
- Organizes project activities that may require interdepartmental meetings and communication ensuring completion of the program/project on schedule and within budget constraints
- Assigns and monitors work of technical personnel, such as systems analysts and programmers, providing support and interpretation of instructions/objectives
- Directs the activities of project support staff and sub-contractors and is responsible for ensuring appropriate resources are allocated and maintained to facilitate the successful completion of the project
- Ensures the ongoing process/system capability associated with projects and manages any changes required to meet or exceed the expectations established in project designs
- All other duties as assigned
Job Complexity- Works on issues of diverse scope where analysis of situation or data requires evaluation of a variety of factors, including an understanding of current business trends. Follows processes and operational policies in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions. Acts as advisor to subordinates to meet schedules and/or resolve technical problems. Develops and administers schedules, performance requirements; may have budget responsibilities.
Interaction- Frequently interacts with subordinate supervisors, customers, and/or functional peer group managers, normally involving matters between functional areas, other company divisions or units, or customers and the company. Often must lead a cooperative effort among members of a project team.
Supervision- Manages the coordination of the activities of a section or department with responsibility for results, including costs, methods, and staffing. Normally manages the activities of professional individual contributors and/or subordinate supervisors. In some instances this manager may be responsible for a functional area and not have any subordinate employees.
Xerox Business Services, LLC and its subsidiaries is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, gender/sex, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, use of a guide dog or service animal, military/veteran status, citizenship status, the basis of genetic information or any other group protected by Federal or State law or local ordinance. People with disabilities who need a reasonable accommodation to apply or compete for employment with Xerox Services may request such accommodation(s) by calling 866-419-2226 or by sending an e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Project management experience of 3 years or more
- PMP certification preferred
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are required
- Experience with healthcare systems project management highly preferred
- Experience with MMIS, related applications or healthcare industry experience preferred
- Experience with Software Development Life Cycle and multiple release environments
- Proficient in MS Project, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, SharePoint, WebEx and other project management tools
Virtual/work from home?
- 2 years ago - save job
Why build your career at Xerox?
Because every day you’ll work alongside people who are as passionate about new ideas, customer...