This position is the driving force in developing, implementing, and managing a project management end-to-end focus for the managed security services offering for AT&T customers, coordinating across many teams inside and outside (Overlay, GCS, Product, Service Mgmt) of GCSS. This includes managing large scale deployments of standard products such as Network based firewalls, Premise Based Firewalls, and Managed Intrusion Detection / Prevention Projects and custom project implementations such as Security Device Management (Walk in take over) and Security Event Threat Analysis (SETA) deployments for commercial and governmental agencies. The project mgmt director role will be single point for assigning PM resources to the various projects, ensuring that PMs are executing on Project Mgmt best practices, and meeting the critical deadlines and providing key metrics on projects in various stages, plus resource analysis and coaching. This position is responsible for senior level communications, including raising issues to the senior mgmt level, evaluating / recommending and developing good project mgmt practices (following AT&T best practices), processes, policies, and procedures for meeting customer delivery schedules. Where applicable, Project plans need to be custom to match the customers environment.
Projects vary in complexity, from 1. Standard Product implementations 2. Standard Product Implementations but at a large scale. and 3. Custom Project Implementation. Customer Security Device Mgmt presents additional complexities since each customer will have a multitude of vendor provided products. This position supervises all aspects of the development and implementation of assigned projects and provides a single point of contact for those projects. Projects are generally very large and complex and needs to work with skilled PMs to take projects from original concept through final implementation. This position works with the Project Mgrs to define project scope and objectives and ensures the PMs develop detailed work plans, schedules, project estimates, resource plans, and status reports. Provides technical and analytical guidance to project team.
Principal Skills / Competencies associated with this Title:
- Written and oral communication skills
- Good interpersonal, organizational, and briefing skills
- Strong personnel management skills with the ability to effectively manage resources in a technical environment. Provides clear directions and provides coaching opportunities to the team members.
- Requires an energetic, self starter that is organized and works well in a team environment
- Demonstrated ability to work and manage to flexible priorities
- Manage conflicts
- Collaborative skills
- Foster information sharing
- Demonstrated capability in problem resolution to include organizing and structuring solutions to complex problems. This includes the ability to plan projects, meet objectives, develop contingencies, and manage within budget.
- Project Mgmt certification
- Strong IT Security and networking based knowledge and skills
- Metrics and Reporting
- Online Collaborative Tools knowledge
- Report Design and Development
At AT&T, we’re connecting the world like never before. Ready to get in on the action? Together we’ll do great things. If...