Zappos.com, Inc. is looking for a Technical Recruiter!
Why join us? In January 2012, Zappos.com, Inc. and its subsidiaries were named #11 on the 2012 Fortune: 100 Best Companies to Work For List.
Why else? We offer an extensive benefits package for all full-time employees, including medical, dental, vision, and 401k match!
And . . . we’re hiring like crazy right now and looking for a smart, creative, and forward-thinking problem solver to join our world-class, fairly wacky team.
PS: At the Zappos Family of Companies, oversize egos are not welcome. Oversize Eggos, however, are most welcome and appreciated!
Oh, and one more thing! Cover letters are cool, but do you know what’s even cooler?! Show us who you are with a cover letter VIDEO! You will be able to upload one when applying for this position. (Video cover letters are not required but if you wanna do one, we wanna see it!)
The General Idea:
We are known for our unique culture, as defined by our Core Values and by our commitment to provide truly amazing customer service. We want to “Wow!” not only our customers, but our candidates, business partners, vendors, and especially each other.
A Technical Recruiter at Zappos.com, Inc. is critical in identifying and hiring people who genuinely reflect that philosophy.
But the responsibilities don’t end after a candidate is hired! Technical Recruiters also work hard to protect and enhance the company culture for all employees. At every opportunity, Recruiters are creating fun, company-wide events and programs, and try to perform even the most standard job functions in ways that are consistent with and illustrate our Core Values.
Basically, this isn’t your typical company, and it sure as heck isn’t your typical recruiting team!
**Technical Recruiter must have experience in recruitment of: Software Development, Systems Administrations, IT, Information Security, User Experience, Application Support, Build and Release, Project and Product Management, Business Analysis, Quality Assurance, Back Office Systems, Direct Marketing, SEO/SEM
- Staffing and Recruitment–proactively source, screen, interview, and place qualified technical candidates. This includes posting jobs, pre-screening resumes, interviewing candidates both on the phone and in person, and partnering with hiring managers throughout the selection process.
- Directly source and recruit technical candidates through direct recruiting efforts—especially with specialized and skilled job positions.
- Organized and effective management and use of online applicant tracking system.
- Creatively attract top technical talent in a timely and cost effective manner using multiple sources to advertise and recruit.
- Identify/clarify hiring specifications and competencies, document and confirm principal requirements to ensure accurate and detailed job descriptions, and develop action plans to maximize candidate sourcing.
- Compose, monitor and maintain job postings on various job boards.
- With management approval, create, generate and make job offers and assist with on boarding process.
- Build strong relationships with hiring managers to ensure a smooth recruiting process.
- Coordinate and communicate onsite interviews with non-local candidates including scheduling of interview day with all interviewers, candidate shuttles, air, rental car, lodging, etc.
- Conduct candidate office tours.
- Conduct candidate testing, reference checks, and background checks.
- Develop networking and referral base with community organizations, agencies, and schools to enhance our image in the community, provide information about employment opportunities with the Zappos Family of Companies, and to attract qualified candidates.
- Make presentations to various groups in person and via phone/email/skype regarding the Zappos Family of Companies as potential employers and detailing the hiring processes and philosophies.
- Coordinate and manage job fairs, recruiting fairs, and other events.
- Monitor effectiveness of recruitment efforts, conduct turnover analysis, and provide detailed reports to track progress and analyze trends.
- Participate and present in a very interactive and creative new hire orientation.
- Participate in new hire welcome and graduation events.
- Other projects/duties as assigned.
So if you want the fun and feel of a start-up company, but the solid management and resources of an established business, send us your resume and tell us a bit about yourself!
- Passionate about providing exceptional customer service to all you connect with
- Clear desire to make work fun and enjoyable
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or Business related field; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum 2-4 years in a corporate technical recruiting role versus a contractor or multiple contractor roles (Note - this role will pay salary only, no commission and pay will be on par with corporate recruiting salary ranges, not contractor rates)
- Experience working with internet or technology focused companies
- Minimum 2-4 years full-cycle recruiting experience with a strong focus on high-level/skilled and technical recruiting
- Strong knowledge of basic employment law and HR practices
- Experienced in behavioral based interviewing, pre-employment testing, and other innovative selection methods
- Experienced with creating presentations and delivering presentations
- Able to assess staffing needs and develop creative and effective recruiting strategies to meet those needs; experience applying web 2.0 concepts a plus
- Insightful–ability to assess intangible aspects of candidates accurately (candidate’s fit with the job and with the company culture) - Intuitive and able to read people well
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment and work with all levels of management
- Outgoing and very creative
- Detail oriented, able to prioritize efficiently and multi-task
- Proficient on ATS system and MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint) and Internet savvy
- Be organized, self-directed and take initiative
- Able to maintain confidential information
- Able to plan ahead and identify potential future problems
- Must have solid interpersonal skills (written and verbal)
**Please note this opportunity is located in Las Vegas, Nevada**
Zappos.com, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and drug-free workplace.
Customer Service Isn't Just A Department!
We've been asked by a lot of people how we've grown so quickly, and the answer is actually...