Articulate is looking for an SEO manager to join our new digital marketing team. You’ll report directly to the VP of digital marketing and have a huge impact on our business. As a key member of the digital marketing team, you’ll evangelize and drive strategy, planning, and executing for all organic search marketing projects.
You’ll take responsibility for SEO across all of the Articulate web properties and new web-based products. Our ideal candidate has experience with all aspects of SEO, including technical, on-page, and off-page, and is comfortable setting strategy and executing tasks—you’ll do everything from developing keyword strategy to writing title tags. This role will partner with community managers, content writers, product managers, and web developers.
- Own and refine the SEO strategy for all Articulate web properties to drive traffic and business growth
- Manage an ongoing process for auditing and maintaining the accurate crawling of all web properties
- Work with the technology team to administer and control redirects, BigIP rules, crawler access, and architecture
- Participate in quality assurance of all new SEO changes in both pre-production and live environments
- Own and lodge SEO bugs/tickets and make sure they get resolved
- Manage day-to-day tactical execution of SEO strategies including: keyword research, analysis, and portfolio management; identification of growth opportunities; and ownership and reporting of key SEO performance metrics
- Gather and write SEO requirements and user stories for the development teams and steer projects through completion (projects may be generated from ideas within your team or your own strong SEO knowledge)
- Take responsibility for overall on-page optimization, including code quality improvement and consolidation, download times, and microformat tags
- Research SEO best practices and stay current on engine testing and upcoming expected changes
- Identify performance targets, milestones, resource impacts, and strategic constraints for SEO campaigns
- Research/identify trends among competitors
Location: Remote or San Francisco, CA
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum of 4 years of SEO experience
- Knowledge of HTML, CSS, and PHP
- Must be familiar and comfortable working with developers and other functional leads
- Must be analytical and comfortable reviewing and analyzing reports
- Strong familiarity with Google Webmaster Tools and Google Analytics
- Familiarity with SEOmoz, Conductor, Brightedge, and Screamingfrog a plus
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Self-starter who thrives in remote working environment
Articulate is a nimble software company totally focused on building incredible e-learning software, community, and content. We have 31,000+ B2B customers, including 92% of Fortune 100 companies and 19 of 20 top-ranked universities. Our customers trust us because they know we’re just as passionate about them as they are about us. Learn more about working at Articulate.