The Technical Sales Engineer is a hybrid technical and sales role. Primary responsibility is to build & maintain influential relationships with customers, suppliers and Arrow/RichardsonRFPD partners creating demand for Arrow/RichardsonRFPD products by proactively offering engineering and supply chain solutions. Duties include; providing product presentations, technical support, identifying sales opportunities, and providing technical design assistance within assigned accounts. The TSE will also provide consulting on the customer’s design/product cycle from concept to production, with the goal of creating multiple designs for the customer's end product. Position will communicate with local and corporate management on new opportunities, performance of territory, identification of potential performance risks of territory, and escalating customer issues/concerns as needed.
- Focused on technical needs of complex, emerging, or underpenetrated prospects.
- Has a fundamental understanding of all of Arrow’s/RichardsonRFPD’s solutions and is able to match those solutions to customer business needs.
- Will drive/create new opportunities and product selection within their accounts, and create demand activity using other technical resources as needed.
**Build and Maintain Relationships**
- Initiate and schedule regular visits to the customer facility selling Arrow's franchised lines and services.
- Create selling opportunities through a planned discovery process.
- Gain solid understanding of customer's needs and how to translate those needs to Arrow requirements or opportunities.
- Executes on solution selling through a working knowledge of Arrow’s supply chain solutions and design processes.
- Grow profit and maximize margins by selling value-added, long-term solutions, with emphasis on demand creation and engineering.
- Successfully create, organize and conduct engineering customer events, conferences, or engineering training.
- Support design services initiatives.
- Goal is to drive local market share in strategic assigned lines.
**Knowledge and Certifications**
- Drive supplier and customer engineering relationships at multiple levels.
- Utilize distribution/rep/supplier knowledge to grow market share and sales.
- Build strong relationships with suppliers and their reps, leveraging these relationships to receive qualified technical leads and to update them on demand creation progress.
- Develop relationships with purchasing and engineering at accounts.
- Attend supplier training events to keep up-to-date on product line.
- Maintains supplier databases and keeps design registration information accurate.
- Stay updated on current related technologies in customer base, and attend training as needed.
**What’s in it for you?**
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering (BSEE)
- 2-3 years sales experience and/or design engineering
- Distribution experience preferred
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication/interpersonal skills
- Requires a self-starter who has the ability to prioritize, multi-task and deal with pressure
- Time management, organization and customer service skills
- Excellent presentation design and delivery skills as well as ability to drive programs and manage projects
- Ability to sell, negotiate, persuade and influence.
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships at all levels of customer and supplier
Richardson RFPD, Inc., an Arrow Electronics Company, is a global leader in the RF and wireless communications, power conversion and renewable energy markets. Our relationships with the industry’s top component suppliers enable Richardson RFPD to meet the total engineering needs of each customer. Whether it’s designing components or engineering complete solutions, our worldwide design centers and technical sales team provide support for all aspects of our customers’ go-to-market strategy, from prototype to production. More information is available online at www.richardsonrfpd.com.
- Skills development.
- Performance coaching.
- Medical, dental, vision, paid time off, 401k and employee stock ownership, scholarship program, domestic partners program and others.
Arrow Electronics, Inc., a Fortune 200 company, is one of the world's largest electronics distributors, and one of Fortune Magazine's ‘Most Admired Companies'. Arrow Electronics is a global provider of products, services and solutions to industrial and commercial users of electronic components and enterprise computing solutions. Arrow employees work on many technology advancements, around the globe, in many different markets. Arrow’s has created an environment that fosters growth and development, through collaboration with our co-workers, customers and suppliers. Our team at Arrow is working toward a common goal—success for Arrow and our partners.
- Arrow Electronics, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.* _Arrow Electronics, Inc. is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please click on Contact Arrow Career, and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information._
Arrow Electronics knows its target market. The company is a leading global distributor of electronic components and computer products,...