PLEASE READ CAREFULLY BEFORE APPLYING
As part of the sales team, Technical Lighting Sales Auditors perform energy analysis and documentation of energy conservation and utility cost reduction measures. Responsibilities include visiting customers to conduct site assessments, creating formal customer proposals and then selling those proposals across the full spectrum small business customer segments.
- Conduct on site commercial energy audits for eligible utility customers
- Provide information to customers on available incentives and details of the program
- Prepare and present proposals that recommend energy conservation measures, provide customer costs and incentives, and then sell the value proposition to the customer
- Maintain strong ongoing communications with customers to assure customer satisfaction
- Prepare status reports to accurately describe activities in the field and monitor progress towards program goals
- Meet or exceed set proposal and sales objectives
- Contribute to the deployment of program marketing and outreach campaigns
- Coordinate with or follow up on program quality assurance activities such as field inspections and customer surveys, as appropriate
- Self-motivated, accountable, sales oriented mentality
- Outgoing personality and the ability to interact positively with people and provide excellent customer service
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills
- Detailed oriented with the ability to work to schedules and objectives
- Ability to learn and present energy efficiency concepts
- Proven ability to conduct successful cold calls and generate leads
- Team player with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Local working knowledge of the Hudson Valley area preferred
- Sound business ethics, including the protection of proprietary and confidential information
- Proficiency in MS Office Applications (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel)
- Associates Degree with 3-5 years sales experience or,
- Prior Military Service with Honorable Discharge with 3-5 years related experience or,
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Communication, Engineering or a related field.
- 2-5 years of technically oriented sales experience, a plus if in lighting or energy related fields
- BPI Building Analyst Certification or LEED Certification a plus
- Experience with energy auditing or commercial lighting a plus
- Sales background with an understanding of building science applications or construction
- Significant field work requiring driving and/or walking
- 80% local travel with compensation package
- Valid driver’s license and access to a reliable car required
- Opportunity for promotion based upon performance
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Lime Energy is building a new energy future. As a leading national provider of energy efficiency for small business customers, Lime Energy...