PPG: BRINGING INNOVATION TO THE SURFACE.
PPG Industries' vision is to continue to be the world's leading coatings and specialty products company. Through leadership in innovation, sustainability and color, PPG helps customers in industrial, transportation, consumer products, and construction markets and aftermarkets to enhance more surfaces in more ways than does any other company. PPG is committed to providing a fulfilling workplace for employees, creating an environment for continuous learning and embracing the ideas and diversity of others. Founded in 1883, PPG has global headquarters in Pittsburgh and operates in nearly 70 countries around the world. PPG shares are traded on the New York Stock Exchange (symbol: PPG). For more information, visit
Ensure PPG customer satisfaction by providing technical service in customer facilities on a wide range of products and application techniques. The incumbent will provide sales support to maintain and expand business at existing accounts and be a primary contributor in launches / start-ups of new accounts. The incumbent will also assist in the development and commercialization of new products and services.
- Comply with all of PPG EHS guidelines and initiatives.
- Meet sales and profit plan goals for all accounts / products.
- Build sales position by establishing strong customer relationships at all levels, provide timely resolution to customer’s concerns, and quickly troubleshoot problems.
- Help grow business by assisting in the development of new products and by executing the launch of new products and services.
- Oversee / implement strategies for the management of inventory programs at customer locations of PPG product to increase inventory turns, reduce product obsolescence and maximize freight advantages.
- Identify customer’s needs / expectations and assess competitive activities such that sales strategies can be developed to increase sales / profits.
- Maximize profit contribution by differentiation through superior technical problem solving which produces higher yield rates, lower reject rates and optimum appearance on the customer’s production line.
Experience and Education-
Associates Degree / Bachelors Degree or equivalent experience
Functional and Technical Skills-
Knowledgeable of Coatings is a plus, applications experience, safety requirements and painting facilities a must to establish credibility and create rapport with customers. Must be able to work independently and be self-motivated. Good computer (Microsoft Office) and project management skills required along with excellent verbal and written communications skills. Must possess a high degree of professionalism and perpetuate PPG’s image.
PPG prides itself on the quality of its employees and as such, candidates who receive a job offer will be required to successfully pass a hair drug/toxins test and a background check.
PPG Industries, Inc. offers an opportunity to grow and develop your career in an environment that provides a fulfilling workplace for employees, creates an environment for continuous learning, and embraces the ideas and diversity of others. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, pregnancy, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability status, protected veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other legally protected status. PPG is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To read more about Equal Employment Opportunity please see attached links:
PPG Industries, Inc. (PPG) is a global supplier of protective and decorative coatings. The Company operates in six segments: Performance...