Performs bibliographic control and acquisitions activities in the library.
Example of Duties:
- Loads data files (bibliographic or financial) from a variety of sources, including from disc, from web, and via SirsiDynex Workflows.
- Posts library materials, cancellations, and expired orders.
- Updates the database as needed so that current orders are accurately represented.
- Performs physical processing of all a/v materials.
- Maintains records of orders, receipts, invoices, requests for payment, and fund accounting information. Keeps spreadsheets and files.
- Creates and edits MARC21 bibliographic records according to AACR2 guidelines and local practice.
- Downloads records from OCLC or via SirsiDynex Workflows when needed.
- Verifies library materials and order requests in order to place orders via phone, fax, or web.
- Checks ISBNs and item descriptions to ensure the proper materials are being ordered.
- Contacts vendors to check stock levels and shipping times.
- Reconciles receipts and records payments in both SirsiDynex Workflows and AS400.
- Compiles receipts and invoices to be turned in to Purchasing and to be given to the department head for approval.
- Manages spreadsheets for county expenditures.
- Performs Interlibrary Loan services using OCLC.
- Supervises pages and assists with weeding and stacks management.
- Sorts and processes patron material donations to the library.
- Makes decisions about what will be done with donations.
- Boxes donations.
- Checks for shortages and damage in order to communicate issues to vendors.
- Contacts vendors to return items or obtain replacements.
- Packages and mails returns.
- Generates purchase order requests and receives them in AS400.
- Scans all purchase orders and invoices.
- Processes library materials in order to make them shelf-ready.
- Creates call numbers based on the Dewey Decimal System.
- Creates and prints spine labels for each item cataloged.
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED)
- One year of library experience required
- skills in basic office procedures
- Knowledge of Dewey Decimal system, Library of Congress subject headings and MARC format
- Ability to perform methodical and detailed work tasks.
- Ability to communicate effectively with coworkers.
- Ability to handle physical aspects such as pushing, reaching, twisting, stooping, bending, sitting, and standing.
- Strength demand is medium, exerting 20-50 lbs. occasionally, 10-25 lbs frequently, and up to 10 lbs constantly.
City of League City, TX - 12 months ago