StataCorp is seeking persons with experience with the Windows, Mac, or Unix
operating systems to join its staff as full-time Technical Services
Representatives in College Station, Texas.
This is an opportunity to
Job duties include
- work in a professional software firm that develops new software for Windows,
Mac, and Unix (including Linux)
- develop data-management skills
- develop programming skills
- develop web-authoring skills
The ideal candidate will have
- answering email and telephone inquiries regarding
- Stata installation
- data management
- Stata's programming language
- operating systems (Windows, Mac, and Unix)
- computer hardware
- computer networking
- developing FAQs for inclusion on the
StataCorp website, including turning interesting questions into FAQs.
- participating in discussions on the Stata listserver
- assisting StataCorp's senior staff in teaching NetCourses
(distance learning offered over the Web).
- learning PERL, HTML/CGI, and shell scripts
Starting salary is commensurate with skills and experience. StataCorp is a
rapidly growing company, and this position provides significant opportunity for
growth. StataCorp offers an excellent benefits package
- good written and verbal communication skills.
- experience with user support.
- familiarity with the Windows, Mac or Unix/Linux operating systems.
- experience with networked environments.
- knowledge of Stata.
- knowledge of PERL, AWK, shell scripts, C, or other programming languages.
- knowledge of popular database or speadsheet programs.
StataCorp LP is an Affirmative Action Employer — M/F/Vet/Disab
StataCorp LP - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard